cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why my local WAS - J2ee engines keep shut down every 30 min.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have install a J2EE engine with a WAS 6.40 on my local box. For some reason the J2EE engine keeps shutdown every 30 min, even though i have the installation license. Please help. Any suggestions are welcome. If you have a question, please let me know. thank you for your help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

tahran_celik
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi nguyen,

as Vladimir already mentioned the J2EE shuts down automatically after 30 min if the license is not installed. After a new installtion the temporary license is valid for 30 days, afterwards you have to apply a valid license.

Regards

Tahran

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have a text file contain my liscence key. how can i import this file in. please let me know. thank you very much for your answer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

i figure it out. thank for the help anyway.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could you please post what the solution was so others can benefit from it?

Thanks!

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is correct that the J2EE engine keep shutdown every 30 min because I don't have the permanent license key. i use the temporary license key when i install the WAS. As suggest above, i contact SAP for a new permanent license key. They send me a liscense key file.

When i receive the file, i go to Visual Administrator and look for liscense adapter in the service section. In the liscense adapter, i click on the button install liscense key and it ask me for the liscense file. Then you need to shutdown and restart your J2EE engine. You are done.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you!

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Khanh,

If the interval is exactly 30 minutes then it is certainly a licensing issue. You can check it for sure by connecting with the Visual Administrator tool, go to Server -> Services -> Licensing Adapter, tab Installed Licenses. If this is the case then go to http://service.sap.com/licensekey in order to get a license key.

Hope this helps,

Vladimir