Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message not passed to Business Process Engine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a simple test scenario:

File --> Integration Process --> File

The process only has a reveive and a send step and sends the message further using the File adapter (this is just for testing purpose and no real-life scenario).

This works correctly until the message needs to be passed to the Business Process - in message monitoring I can see that the receiver and interface determination worked successfully and that the message needs to be passed to the Integration Process and that's it. No active process, no obvious error message...

Any hints what I could do to analyze what's happening? Where can I find more information on what the problem could be (any additional logs, monitoring, etc.)? What can go wrong when a message is passed from the Integration Engine to the BPE?

Thanks for your help,

regards,

Peter

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

test ur confiuration using this

/people/paul.medaille/blog/2005/06/24/test-your-xi-configuration-with-the-new-test-tool

have u tried clicking the BPE work flow log and see the container elements?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Look into transaction SXI_CACHE for the ReturnCode of your Integration Process.

Maybe you'll find the reason of your problem here.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dennis,

thanks for the hint, but SXI_CACHE is ok (ReturnCode 0)

regards,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK Im trying to understand you....

Your saying that it works correctly until the BPM...

Well this is not possible as the first step would be the sending from the source Business system to the Integration Process so in essence you would have not done anything....

Basically the flow is Comm channel to Pipeline which then sends to BPM which then sends back to the pipeline and to the target system. So in SXMB Moni no receiver would of been foun if you are saying that it doesn't get to the BPM....

Maybe im not understanding properly....

In fact now that I think about it... Have you specified the message in BPM... (Abstract Interface etc)

Message was edited by:

Alex Ong

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alex,

maybe I was a bit unclear about the details. I send a message (Service: Sender, Interface: Test_OB). The message is passed from the Adapter Engine to the Integration Engine. In the Integration Engine the Receiver Determination and the Interface Determination is executed successfully (one line in SXMB_MONI with successful flag). The determined receiver is the Service representing the Integration Process and the interface is Test_ABS, The column 'Outbound' shows the 'PE' for Process Engine and when I click on it, I don't get the 'normal' Workflow Details but simly the qRFC Monitor.

Does that make it clearer?

thanks for your response,

Peter