cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CCMSPING - configurating the Availability Monitoring

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm trying to add a system to the Availability Monitoring via the RZ21 as described

in help article:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005vp/helpdata/en/30/6694413aaad960e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

but unfortunately I get message: "Neither Instance nor logon groups found"

-I've checked the server name and the port.

-Responsable CCMSPING is set right.

Any idea ?

Please advice,

Dimtiry Haritonov

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dimitry,

is the ccmsping the only agent registered to your CEN?

Is the agent listed in the Selfmonitoring CCMS Agents?

Regards, Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Michael,

There is also a SAPCCMSR agent for some reason that doesn't run.

"Is the agent listed in the Selfmonitoring CCMS Agents?"

How do I check it ?

Dimitry

0 Kudos

Hi you guys,

I faced the same problem once I couldn´t find my "Instance Status" MTE anymore.

SAP Support gave this note to me:

Mybe it helps you to get along.

Adding a new system to availability monitoring didn´t work out the way mentioned above, too.

Dom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dimitry,

you will find this in rz20 - SAP CCMS Technical Expert Monitors - Selfmonitoring CCMS Agents. And as also a sapccmsr is registered to the CEN, you should find both agents here.

When did you register the ccmsping? Did you restart the instance after registering the agent?

Regards, Michael

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good evening! I have followed this thread pretty well, but I still end up with the error message "Neither Instance nor logon groups found" when trying to expand the node for the system in the RZ21 Config Avail Mon. screen.

I am able to run the ping successfully from the button for the system. I can also see that the agent is registered under RZ20 <CENSID>/CCMS_SELFMONITORING.../CCMS Agents/... It is green, has 100% availability and a 60 second heartbeat.

So why can't I drill into it on the RZ21 screen?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had the same problem. In may case I was asuming that all the Satellite Systems had as Message Server Port the corresponding port with the same port number as the instance (that is, instance 00 implie sapms port = 3600).

I encountered two Satellite Systems in which the Message Server Port didn´t correspond with the Instance number (one was 3601 and other was 3602 although both instances are 00). I changed the port in /etc/services of the SOLMAN and now the problem "Neither Instance nor logon groups found" is solved.

Check if this is your case.

Best regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

did you allready changed your services file on the "CCMSping host"?

former_member186439
Participant
0 Kudos

What happens when you try the "Test Ping" option under the CCMSPING menu?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Dominik: Thanks for the note, it solves other problem but how do I create the file

with the systems ?

Michael: I didn' t restarted the instance but it found the "responsible" ccmsping.

Timm: yes I've changed the services file

Steven: There is no system for the ping test so I can't do it.

Please aadvice,

Dimitry

0 Kudos

Hi again,

just create a new text-file called SAPMSG.INI and put the following content into it:

-

[Message Server]

<b><i>SID</i></b>=<b><i>fullyqualifieddomainname-of-this-instances-server</i></b>

[Message Server Description]

<i><b>SID</b></i>=<b><i>description-of-the-system-above</i></b>

-

Please check your services-file (Windows: c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\ ) again, I faced exactly the same problem some minutes ago. Wanted to add two new (ABAP-)Systems and forgot to add the following entries within the services file :

sapms<b>SID</b> 36<i><b>Systemnr</b></i>/tcp

saved the services-file -> WORKS (by clicking on the little "arrow" left to the SID the tree opens showing the instances)

Greetz

Dom

Former Member
0 Kudos

to you need a saprouter to connect to the system?

how do you write the saprouter string in you Monitoring configuration?

Regards

Timm

PS:

-please install the latest available patch version of the 7.00 CCMSPING agent (do not use the 6.40 CCMSPING release)

-define a RFC in sm59 with the same saprouter string as in rz21 and test the connection

Perhaps you get some more details about the problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dimitry,

> Michael: I didn' t restarted the instance but it

> found the "responsible" ccmsping.

if you didn't restart the instance after registering the ccmsping with -push option, the CCMS will not be aware that it should use this ccmsping.

Please have a look into the Selfmonitoring

rz20
  SAP CCMS Technical Expert Monitors
    CCMS Selfmonitoring:
<SID>
  CCMS_Selfmonitoring
    Availability Monitoring:

Does the MTE "CCMSPING Technology Enabling" exist here? If not, is it created after restarting the instance (or after resetting the monitoring segment into Warmup status)?

Regards, Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Michael,

Thanks a lot. You were right about the RESTART !!!

After installing CCMSPING on your server, RESTART the server and then

the adding will work !!!

Thanks a lot

Dimitry

*Points were rewarded to you.

0 Kudos

We had a problem with this also. Try this... In RZ21, the Technical Infrastructure / Availability Monitoring / Configure CCMSPING Availability Mon menu item is used to add systems. Systems can only be added from the Administration View. Otherwise, the “add” operation will not be successful. A system is added by using Monitoring / Create System and supplying the SID. The message server name, IP service name (36 plus the system number, so usually either 3600 or 3601), and responsible CCMSPING (CCMSPING.NSOLSU01.00) must be identified. Options to “Automatically Add New Application Servers” and to “Automatically Add New Logon Groups” are selected. The “Copy Connection Data and Options” button is selected and then the Save button.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Darrell,

Thanks for the information but unfortunately it still didn't work for me. I did as

you said, I have changed the view to administration view and set as you described.

Still for some reason get the same error. Do you have any idea what I can check

next ?

Please advice,

Dimitry Haritonov