Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LDAP Server settings for Configuring Multiple LDAP in Portal UME.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a requirement in which we need to configure 2 different LDAP server (AD and Non AD)with Portal UME.

But when I go to system admin->system config->UM config->LDAP Server.I can fill the server details only for one server(eg;server name,server type,server port etc).

How to fill the other server details?where to make changes in UME Direct editing to support multi server configuration.

Thanks in Advance.Points are Guaranteed.

Rani A

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

desiree_matas
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rani

I think this outlook issue is more a question for the portal area. I'm not aware of this kind of problems with the multiple LDAP configuration. It would be a good idea if you could open a SAP Support message under EP-KM-GW-TCA for this.

I'm sorry I cannot help more here, I'm not a portal expert.

Regards,

Désirée.

10 REPLIES 10

desiree_matas
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rani,

you will need to modify the UME datasource file. You can find the steps in SAP note 736471.

There is also some good documentation here:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2004/helpdata/en/4e/4d0d40c04af72ee10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Regards,

Désiré

0 Kudos

Hi Desiree,

Thanks but I forget to mention that I have all links including what you sent.My doubt is What info has to be filled in LDAP server settings under path i mentioned.I think this information is not mentioned anywhere.

Other thing is Which UME Direct Editing settings should be changed?

desiree_matas
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rani

The configuration for multiple LDAPs is made manually. So once you have created and uploaded the new datasource.xml file with the configuration for all your LDAP servers, then you have to go to the Direct Editing tab and comment out all of the LDAP settings which begin with ume.ldap.access.* such as server name, passwords, etc, that are manually configured in the XML file.

Have you already created the xml file for the datasource? I think I really don't understand what you are trying to do with the UME Direct Editing...

0 Kudos

Hi Desiree,

Actually currently my prod server is configured with AD LDAP server,now i want this to configure with one more LDAP server which is NonAD.

In datasource I have data source confi.xml as AdReadonly.Do i need to change this file as mentioned in the link and again upload it?

Thanks and Have a nice day

Rani A

desiree_matas
Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, you have to add the configuration for the new LDAP in the datasource file you are using.

But the best idea will be to create a new xml file (using the current one as a template) instead of modifying the old file. And once you have included the data for the new LDAP, as described in the documentation of help.sap.com, you will need to upload the new file to the system.

Rgds,

Désiré

0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply.I was implementing the way u suggested.I have 1 problem .once I upload the new XML file through Config tool.It should appear in the list of selections so that I can Select that file and test connection.

But it does not happen.I am not able to view that file.It is not showing any error also?

Thanks in Advance

Regards

Rani A

desiree_matas
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rani

Assuming that the xml file is correctly created, the steps to upload it will be:

-Navigate to “Data Source” tab and choose “Other” for the data source.

-Click “Upload” and navigate to the new configuration file. Upload this to the server.

Then you will have to save, comment the parameters from the direct editing and restart. But please make a copy of all the previous data because if there is any mistake in the new datasource file the UME will not start.

I hope this helps. Good luck.

Regards,

Désiré

0 Kudos

Hi Desiree,

nice to see you back here.Its working fine as you suggested but there is an problem coming after that.I have outlook web access iview and calender implemented but after multiple LDAP,its showing error in that area.Is it because of Multiple LDAP?

Is it because My web access is residing in one domain and may be portal in another domain(im not sure but assuming).Please confirm?.

Waiting for your Reply.:-)

Regards

Rani A

desiree_matas
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rani

I think this outlook issue is more a question for the portal area. I'm not aware of this kind of problems with the multiple LDAP configuration. It would be a good idea if you could open a SAP Support message under EP-KM-GW-TCA for this.

I'm sorry I cannot help more here, I'm not a portal expert.

Regards,

Désirée.

0 Kudos

Hi Desiree,

Not a problem.Thanks a lot for your support and help.As of now I can close

the thread and will come back with a new if encounters any problem related to

LDAP server settings.

Thanks and have a Nice Day.:-)points to you too

Regards

Rani A