Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

issue with file adaper adding comma in last

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All.

I am having Idoc to file Scenario,

File/File content conversion/ (reciever).

In the file contenet conversion parameter , I am using two structure detaila and detailb.

I am using these properties for configuration out put as text file but comma delimated.

I make it like this :

detaila.fieldFixedLengths =1,2,4,6,10,0

detailb.fieldFixedLengths=2,8,6,8,25,7,8,0

detailafixedLengthTooShortHandling Cut

detaila.endSeparator 'nl'

detaila.fieldSeparator ,

detailb.fixedLengthTooShortHandling Cut

detaila.fieldSeparator ,

detailb.endSeparator 'nl'

Here in the output file it is appending comma for each field and appending in the end of the record also.

Suprisingly in the above given configuration, which is same for detaila and detailb. The detaila does not have comma (,) in the end of the record . while detailb output has comma at the end of the record.

I did not understand why it is appending comma in the second structure, while configurations are same for both.

Please through some lite on this.. Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

closing. thanks

former_member184619
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

Are u also considering the <b>,</b> as part of your string,

then just have a look at these options for fieldSeparator

If you specify a character string here, it is added as a separator to all columns except the last. You can also specify this string in addition to NameA.fieldFixedLengths.

If you made no specification for NameA.fieldFixedLengths, <b>this is the only specification to identify the individual columns in a row.</b>

If you made a specification for NameA.fieldFixedLengths, the length of the <b>separator is not taken into account.</b>

<b>Try using without fieldSeparator</b>

Check this link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/d2/bab440c97f3716e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Regards

Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Denise for pointing out the mistake but it does not solve the pupose. the comma is still appending in the end of the file after last record.. Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please remove last 0 from detailb.fieldFixedLengths=2,8,6,8,25,7,8,0 and try again.

Thanks,

Tuhin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Tuhin,

I tried same and after this while processing message it is giving system acknowledgement error and did not prcocess the message.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

Just to make sure:

"detailafixedLengthTooShortHandling Cut" <-- The missing "." is present in your configuration?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Denise, Thanks fpr reply but can you please let me know where exactly (.) should be there.

This configuration I was using earlier with out fieldSepartor correctly. issue arise while making comma delimated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

the point has to be between "detaila" and "fixedLengthTooShortHandling", just like you did with detailb:

detaila.fixedLengthTooShortHandling

Maybe it's just an "inexact copy&paste" error...