cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution Manager 4.0 - Unable to create service message

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I am trying to configure our solution manager 4.0 to work with service messages. This is a single system, i.e., I am trying to create a message in the same system where the solution manager resides (no satellite).

I followed the IMG customizing and thought I finished all (I am probably wrong because it does not work ...).

When I try to create a message (Help > Create message...) I receive the following error :

"Error in local message system; message 009999000001 not complete".

What am I missing ?

What else should I do that I did not ?

Thank you for your help,

Isaac

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member322647
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Isaac,

I am not sure, but it looks like you have problems with the number range. Have you activated the BC Sets more then one time and tried to create a message in between ?

Please check in transaction crm_dno_monitor for transaction type SLFN if there are some entries. If yes not bad, then something is working, then we have to find out the error.

Regards,

uDo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi uDo,

Thank you for your reply. The number ranges are OK. I found my problem - I had some BASIS settings incorrect.

So, now I have messages in crm_dno_monitor - that leads me to my other question :

When I create the message (through help > create support message) how do I set the ystem to asign it to the right partner ? Right now it goes to the "sold-to-part" partner. How do I set it for example to go to partner-1 of transaction is ME21N and go to partner-2 if transaction is CO01 ?

Thanks,

Isaac

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Isaac,

Generally, the Messages are routed to message processors (Support Team members) based on the Module from which the message was created. You must have noticed that during the craete Message, SAP would automatically pick up the Componenet and this would be useful in routing the message to the appropriate person.

Also the Sold to Party and Support Team are to be picked by the message...

In total a perfect message would pick the Correct SOLD to PARTY(Based on Installations) ; Support Team( Based on Support Team created ) ; Message Processor ( based on Module ) etc..

It can be done by assigning the responsibilities in PFAC RESPO and also the suitable responsibilities in BP as well..

Hope it helps,...

Br,

Sri

Award points for helpful answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sri,

Could you be a little more specific - where can I do that (which transactions) and how ? An example would be great !

Thanks,

Isaac

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Isaac,

Have a look on https://service.sap.com/solutionmanager

then Media Library --> Technical Papers

There is a document called "Service Desk: Additional Information" that should answers all your questions.

Regards,

Alex.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All:

I've been making the configuration of service desk in Solution Manager 4.0, and a I already configure the T-CODE. PFAC_RESPO according the guides. And I still having messages without sold to party and creator. I'm using menu> help>Create support message.

Please if you have some clue.

Post it

Thanks

Alvaro.

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you generate BP from DSWP.

To be able to identify the key user in all systems that are connected to the SAP Solution Manager, you need to supply the following ID numbers (in the role, tab) in BP Transaction.

CRM001 <System ID> <Installation Number> <Client> <User Name> (separated by a space, for example, XYZ 1234567890 800 DEMOUSER).

Hope this will solve your problem.

Feel free to revert back.

--Ragu

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can I know how you solved your problem?

--Ragu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Well I create the business partner using T Code DSWP. It creates the following ID TSM 0040564686 100 SOLMANTSM100.

There are something that I don't understand well. If the guide says that you have to create one BP for each landscape component How do you know the identification of the end user that has posted the message??? all messages that are registered has the same BP ID. Well something that I'm thinking to do is create all end users in Solution Manager and create one Business Partner for each end user. Is this a correct way to identify each end user in messages?.

Regards.

Alvaro

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have wrongly understooed, this is not the way to identify. all that matters is the system id already mentioned in my previos post.

all your questions are answered? If you still have questions better, i would suggest you to open new threads.

--Ragu

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Issac,

Can you please tell me how did you fix this problem? I am having the same problem. You said in your post that you fixed this problem, and you said...you had some basis settings wrong? can you please tell me what did you do to fix this problem?

thanks In advance

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had some BASIS isuues to solve. I did not have the logical systems assigned to my clients. When I did that - the system recognized the clients and created the user message.

Isaac