cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arabic Fonts in SmartForms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!!

We are working with smartforms and need to put in the form fixed arabic texts. We need to know what is the procedure to upload the fonts into the system and use them into the forms.

Can anybody help us!!

Thanks,

full points will be rewarded

Gabriel P.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry,

The procedure you said didnt work, I tryed it before posting, and doesnt work. Do you need anything aditional?

Gabriel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again.

Why didn't it work? Do you get an error message? Are you on a non-unicode system?

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you got the font files?

If is what is the file type? is it ttf? or something else?

Feel free to revert back.

--Ragu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello again,

Yes my system is unicode, and and I am using TT fonts.

The strange thing is that when I check the font´s preview, I dont get arabic alphabet, It keeps being normal.

How can I get an arabic TT font, do you have one?

I dont have arabic language on the system, could it be that?

Thank you guys for your answer,

Gabriel P.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

In our SAP System (ERP2004s) we have preinstalled Arabic fonts. I just tried to use the A_TRAD font to create a standard text and print it. I took some random arabic text from google and it worked fine.

I also checked in our old 4.6 R/3 system and we had the Traditional Arabic font there also...

We have not installed Arabic language support on our system so I don't think you need that.

Take a look in SE73..Are you sure that you don't have Arabic fonts already installed?

Otherwise you might wanna take a look at service marketplace for an OSS note with arabic fonts (eg: 940205)

Another thing: Remember that you have to create the text with language AR, otherwise it won't work.

BR

NIklas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Niklas,

Thanks for ypur help, what I did was to create a standar text on so10, and it worked finally, but when I print preview the text is backwords, and when I print the arabic text comes with ####.

Any ideas?

10xs

Gabriel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again.

There is probably a problem with your output device then. But I am not sure which one to use and if you need a special type of printer assigned to the output device.

You could perhaps try printing on your local output device... Otherwise I am out of ideas...

BR

Niklas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Gabriel,

Were you able to print the Arabic text on SmartForms. I did try the options mentioned in this thread but still the text is coming up as ####.

Any suggestions?

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

You can upload your True Type fonts using transaction SE73.

After upload is complete you will be able to define paragraphs in your Smart Style with that font.

Then you can use that paragraph in your Smart Form.

Hope this helps.

BR

Niklas