cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

conditional navigation to popups

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masters,

I have a form through which iam passing the values to the web service, depending on the return value i should show the popups. If the value is 0 i should navigate to first popup else to other popup. Please help me out..

Thanks & Regards,

Kaushik Sreeram

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ashutosh_rastogi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Kaushik,

Popups can only occur through some event. And i dont think just from the web service response you can have some event. So as per my knowledge this does not seems possible here ... anyways, all the luck.

Also, do update the forum if you fidn the solution.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here is the scenario...

If we consider only single iview with out popups, I have "form1" in layer1. form1 connects to web service. The return value is stored in datastore. I have form2 and form3 in layer2. layer1 connects to layer2. And for the input ports on each form in layer2 i will have visibility condition using formula by checking value in the data store.

As with popups i can't have data store, In the same case i want to navigate to different popups based on the return value of web service. On clicking the submit button in the form(whose output port is connected to the input port of web service).

Please help me out...

Regards,

Kaushik

martin_wolpers
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

i'd suggest you use to submit-button and use the return values of your service to set visibility contitions (i.e. hide the wrong button) . This way you can trigger different events and also different popups.

regards,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

May be, you can use a hidden checkbox in one of the fomr s in layer two, with the query result makes it true/false.

The popup can be triggered based on the value of the hidden checkbox in layer2.

I Saw system action "Dynamic Action" for submit button, with an action formula. Not sure whether you can use it. But just give a try.

Else, Use two buttons (One placed over other) with mutually exclusive hidden conditions to trigger events based on checkbox value in layer2

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Sooraj