cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access data from 2 SAP systems into WebDynpro..Please guide :)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Is is possible to access/retrieve data from 2 seperate SAP systems in Web Dynpro?

To ellaborate more:

Under normal situation - We create a Model using which you can access the required BAPI/RFC and using the JCo this connection is complete.

So, in the SLD there is one JCo connection/object for this model.

Now as per my quesry, I want to access data from 2 systems... like CRM & R/3.

So how can I do this:

1. Create 2 seperate model objects and then do Model Context Mapping. If this is rite, then I will have to create 2 JCo connections in SLD.

2. Is is possibe that under one model (example this model is accessing R/3), I need to access data from CRM <i><b>without creatiing another model</b></i>. So that are the possiblities? Secondly is this way/path recommended?If no, how should I proceed.

Hope my requirements are clear

Awaiting Reply.

Thanks & Warm Regards,

Ritu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185029
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ritu,

There is no way you can create single model for 2 different R/3 systems (unless SAP decides to implement this in later versions).

If you still want to stick with a single model approach, I would suggest to use <b>Webservice</b> model where the R/3 interaction part would be taken care by WebService.

Ashutosh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

roberto_tagliento
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is reccomended to USE one MODEL for each BACKEND system!

Each system need a configuration to SLD, with different address and connection, different way (street) of connection, so DISTINCT JCO.

roberto_tagliento
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You cannot have one MODEL for distinct system, it's impossible.

By the way alot of people do the error (or get the choice) to have ONE MODEL for EACH RFC/BAPI!!!

roberto_tagliento
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I guess this because, they look inside ESS standard, where i don't know SAP use one model for each RFC (someone tell me this, i never seen this standard), but in alot of SAP docs i read the rule one model for each backend system.

monalisa_biswal
Contributor
0 Kudos

We need to have two different models for two separate SAP systems.Because we can have only one JCO connection per each model.