cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transportation PRD-->XXX

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is transportation is possible from production to other system, i.e., in reverse direction, Can any show light on this concept?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi RK,

Yes it is possible. You can save the changes in PF1 in a workbench/customising request and then include the objects of this transport request in a transport of copies type of request which allows you to give a target group of your choice.

We do it quite often. It is similar to the concept of remote client copy.

Please award points for useful info.

regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I back Ruchit's approach.. and the point to take care is in such cases, if you release and trace the TR in PRD this data resides in the TRANS directory and at times occupies bit of space. jst have a glance at Dir spaces also if u r goingfor such approach,

Br,

Sri

Award points fr helpful answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is possible if u a running same sap release,client settings and customising settings in the target...How ever in practical sense we donnt empoly changes in PRD.....so if u want to move a request from "B" Server to "A" (Both running the same config above said) copy the relavant datafile and cofile from the source "B" servers \usr\sap\trans\datafiles and \usr\sap\trans\cofiles to the same in target "A" machine.then u can import via os level or thru stms->import overview->import queue->extras-> other request -add

thats it

Regards

Umesh K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is not possible with your normal STMS settings

I am just giving my idea but i have never done this

You use <b>tp command</b> with <b>unconditional modes</b> from OS level

These modes are intended for special requirements in which different rules of the Workbench Organizer and Transport System are ignored. An unconditional mode is represented by a digit between 0 and 9. To use the unconditional mode when calling the tp program, a U is added to the command line and all the required digits are appended to this U .

Ex:

tp import <request number> <Target SID> U06

to know about unconditional modes

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/60/e560ce591b11d2b413006094b9ea64/frameset.htm

Check this out and let me know if this helps

Regards,

Phani