cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File download

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement like the following way........

1. One file which is to be downloaded is at the Server0 of WAS(Absolute path)

2. I have to download this file into client system.

3. While downloading a pop up menu has to come asking about where to save the file on client system.After that a popup menu like download complete has to come.

I have a solution to fulfill this criteria........

Placing the file in webcontent folder of webappliction and appending this filename to the url while calling servlet solves my requirement.

But if the file has modified later i have to redeploy the web application again and again.

so, i am thinking that this solution is not fesible to my requirement.

Any one guide me in this issue,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182294
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

You need not to rebuild the Web Application every time, you can create files under any folder in the system and change your files whenever you need to make changes..

Check my post which solves your problem..

Regards

Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhilash,

Placing the files to be downloaded in webcontent, the download is working for all extensions except .txt and .xml. While trying to download .txt and .xml file the content of this file is showing on browser.why it is happening . Please guide me in this issue if have any idea.

Thanks & Regards

Madhu

former_member182294
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Madhu,

Did you add the new extensions list to your servlet? Might be you are using Content Type <b>application/octet-stream</b>. Use <b>application/txt</b> for .txt files and application/xml for .xml files.

Lets know if u ve any problem.

Regards

Abhilash

Answers (0)