cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

URGENT: Doubts in SRM5.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi sir,

i have some doubts in srm5.0 back end settings as shown below...

1) what is VMC& how to activate VMC in SM52?

2) what happend if i change the LOGICAL System for my naming convention in RFC destination?

3) why should we maintain the local RFC within the SRM OWN server for what purpose? EVEN i having a SRM server.

4) is it RFC user is a dialog user?

5) I want to know the T.CODES for each &every menupath. pls tell me the path for that.

my kind request to all can anyone send me solutions as written above questions URGENTLY.my id is <b> srinukgsr@gmail.com</b>

WITH REGARDS TO ALL

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

1. For VMC check the link http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/a9/26ae3c95164695accbf2483a14281e/frameset.htm

2. Logical system name should be same as RFC destination (recommended by SAP), one reason may be, because for posting of IDocs in the system which will require same naming convention for LS name and RFC destination.

3. I think, The local RFC is for creating the follow-on documents for SC in SRM system.

4. RFC user may be a dialog or a system/communication user. For search helps you can RFC as dialog uer and for other data transfers thru RFC, it should be made as communication/system user.

5. For Tcodes you can look at TSTC table. One alternative to find T-codes for an activity is (only some will work): SPRO - Menu options - Additional Information - Additional Information - Display Key - attributes.

Rgds

Reddy

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1- IPC 7.00 requires the virtual machine container (VMC, VM container, JTS,Java Transaction Server) as runtime environnment.

VMC is part of SAP Basis 7.00

VMC must be enabled (OSS 854170).

IPC 7.00 is delivered as part of the component SAP_AP 7.00.

No separate IPC installation steps are necessary.

No separate host, no separate JRE is necessary, no dedicated RFC destinations.

2- you will find several threads dealing with transaction BDLS

3- Even if you do not have any backedn linked to your SRm server, you have to define SRM as a backend in SM59... define backend system...

This is a technical prerequisite.

4- RFC is not a dialog user except if you use the accounting search functionnality (serach accounting value from SRM to ECC)

Kind regards,

Yann