Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Too many Collab Areas for a start

Benny
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

There are too many collaboaration areas for the start, which is the reason why they are all empty. My experience (I used to admin CompuServe) tells me that you need some "critical mass" to start free flow of infos.

The big thing is how to guess how many people come in here once opened to the public...

And BTW: "Collaboration area" is not understand by many people. Why not call it "forum"?

Regards,

Benny

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

TMNielsen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

I have a suggestion for a new "function" that I belive will be usefull to the users AND also will give and overview of which forums you should keep and which you could "kill".

It should be possible to build a "myForums" view with a simple liste of the SDN and Non-SDN forums I want to work with.

And it should be possible to swich between myForums and All forums (the tree view we se today).

If this "function" was implementet you could statistically use the myForums data as a parameter (one of more) to decide which forums you should keep and which you could "kill".

Best regards

Thomas Madsen Nielsen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We've created forums for all the current products and components SAP Developer Network offers. As we are in Beta phase, we are checking which forums are 'live and kicking' and which forums are not needed. We may change our offering in the future.

Feel free to post relevant questions in the forums you would like to promote.

We chose the 'Collaboration' topic as we plan to offer not just forums, but other type of collaboration features in the future.

Stay tuned.

E.T.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

I'd like to add that I do not think the mass of the forums IN the SDN is critical - but the different collaboration platforms SAP is offering for e.g. Portal Consultants/ Developers.

We have:

- iViewStudio Forums

- SAP Community Forums

- SDN

- and a very lively external Yahoo Group

It is hard to check all four forums to find a solution for a problem or to find the right forum for a problem.

As I experienced this in the last month, all SAP forums have been overruled by the Yahoo Group.

Just something to think about,

Michael

darren_hague
Contributor
0 Kudos

I think the reason the Yahoo Group is so active (I assume you are talking about sap-portals-admins) is that it was set up in the early days (Feb 2001) and it was the only forum available at a time when everyone involved with the portal needed to share experiences to make any progress. It is now a victim of its own momentum...

I do think that when SDN goes public that the Yahoo group might move here - although it will have to be public enough that content can be found via search engines like Google, as the Yahoo group's content can.

The disadvantage of the Yahoo group is that it has now run out of storage space - new postings force the older ones out of storage, so that the older knowledge gets lost.

- Darren Hague

(SAP Portals Admins moderator)