0 Kudos

Dear all,

<b>Situation:</b>

2 queries both with 1 chart

2 input boxes:

- an input box that influences both queries

- an input box that influences only the second query

<b>Problem</b>

When I filter on the results with the first input box (lets say only values for division A) both charts are properly changed. Subsequently, I fill in values in the second input box (f.e. sales manager A). The chart for the second query changes and shows me only values for sales manager A. However, in my case sales manager A is not part of Division A and thus the chart from the second query should not contain values.

<b>Question</b>

How to build 2 seperate input forms, where the values of the first input form are also included when values in the second form are submitted?

Best regards,

Ralph

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ralph,

I can not follow your problem in detail.

In general if you have two queries and values to restrict these queries you can pass them from one form into both queries at the same time. In your case you have Value1 and Value2, you pass Value1 to query on and both values to query two. This is what you need, if I understand it right. It's straight forward.

Another way is to use datastore. At each submit you store the data in the datastore and if you perform the second query you read Value1 of the datastore and pass it to the query.

Regards,

Lars

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lars,

I have the similar problem of Query getting the results from Form1 and Form2 where Form2 is connected to Query2 and Form1 to Query1.So i also want the inputs from Form1 to Query2 and get the results based on Form1 and Form2.

I have used Datastore but i could not succeed as i have used Expression box in Form2 (and want to hide those afterwards)which concatenates the value instead i want to be replaced so that when i click submit it should give the meassage and instead if we use Input field to display the data would be better.

You have suggested in above message that use data store and perform the second query you read Value1 of the datastore and pass it to the query.?

I didnot know how it can be performed by the Query2 can you please explain in detail.

Thank You

K.Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lars,

I forgot to add the thread where i have posted the same.

Thank You

K.Srinivas

Answers (0)