cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scenario design - Help wanted

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new to SAP XI. I wanted to work on the following scenario, Pls suggest me which adapter will be best to suit the following scenario.

I have a web application, when the user press the confirm submission, the data from web is posted to SAP and a confirmation has to be passed to the web system, I have to create 2 interfaces of this type.

In another couple of interfaces, I have to fetch data from SAP and pass it to the SQL Server.

Please let me know the best possible way.

Thanks

Selvam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Selvam,

<i>I have a web application, when the user press the confirm submission, the data from web is posted to SAP and a confirmation has to be passed to the web system, I have to create 2 interfaces of this type.</i>

You can achive this by using a sender SOAP Adapter and a Receiver RFC Adapter.After developing the interface, just expose the interface developed in XI as a web service.Then deploy this Webservice in ur client application attain the required functionality...

The Blog below will help u understand things better...

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/09/03/invoke-webservices-using-sapxi

<i>In another couple of interfaces, I have to fetch data from SAP and pass it to the SQL Server.

</i>

For such interfaces we can go for Sender IDoc and Receiver JDBC adapters or Sender RFC and Receiver JDBC Adapters, based on the requirement.

Regards,

Abhy

deviprasad_pothireddy
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Selvam

And also check,

For web services

Ref this blog

/people/riyaz.sayyad/blog/2006/05/07/consuming-xi-web-services-using-web-dynpro-150-part-i

/people/riyaz.sayyad/blog/2006/05/08/consuming-xi-web-services-using-web-dynpro-150-part-ii

For 2nd one

You may go abapclient proxies

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/03/14/abap-proxies-in-xiclient-proxy

or

/people/arpit.seth/blog/2005/06/27/rfc-scenario-using-bpm--starter-kit

Here instead of file you can use your required adapter for your scenario.

Regards,

Deviprasad.

deviprasad_pothireddy
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Selvam

And also check,

For web services

Ref this blog

/people/riyaz.sayyad/blog/2006/05/07/consuming-xi-web-services-using-web-dynpro-150-part-i

/people/riyaz.sayyad/blog/2006/05/08/consuming-xi-web-services-using-web-dynpro-150-part-ii

For 2nd one

You may go abapclient proxies

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/03/14/abap-proxies-in-xiclient-proxy

or

/people/arpit.seth/blog/2005/06/27/rfc-scenario-using-bpm--starter-kit

Here instead of file you can use your required adapter for your scenario.

Regards,

Deviprasad P

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

selvam,

HTTP is not a good choice when u deal with high performance kind of systems.Use a webservice or a java proxy to handle it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there any documentation available about the usage of HTTP adapter with some example. Any help would be appreciated on this. Am not able to find any documentation apart from help.sap.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Selvam,

>><i>I have a web application, when the user press the confirm submission, the data from web is posted to SAP and a confirmation has to be passed to the web system</i>

You can use HTTP on the sender side for this. HTTP supports BE (Synchronous).

Modify your web application, so that on pressing confirm submission send a XML message to XI server to trigger the scenario.

In the response meesage mapping, send a confirmation message to web application.

>><i>In another couple of interfaces, I have to fetch data from SAP and pass it to the SQL Server.</i>

RFC to JDBC.

Use RFC on the sender side to send data from SAP and JDBc on the receiver side for passing the data to SQL server.

Regards,

Uma