Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in JDBC Communication Channel

sathish_perumal
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to build a scenario where the data has to flow from a file in SAP Application server to a MS Access Database table. So I have put the File in SAP Application Server and created corresponding objects in IR & ID and when I checked the communication channel for FileAdapter in Communication Channel Monitoring Tools the status is Green.

Then I created a Technical & Business System for my local machine( I have given my local machine's hostname in XI system ) and created all corresponding objects in IR & ID, but when I check the Communication Channel it always gives the following error

Error during database connection to the database URL 'jdbc:odbc:DRIVER={Microsoft Access Driver (.mdb)};DBQ=
kumsathlap\jdbc\DB1.mdb' using the JDBC driver 'sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver': 'com.sap.aii.adapter.jdbc.sql.DriverManagerException: Cannot establish connection to URL 'jdbc:odbc:DRIVER={Microsoft Access Driver (
.mdb)};DBQ=
kumsathlap\jdbc\DB1.mdb': java.lang.NullPointerException'

<b>I referred all the threads and weblogs related to this issue</b> and changed the DBQ path with IP Address and directly only the path without IP Address and hostname, but nothing works. I tried to ping my local machine from XI server with my hostname, it is pinging. The folder in which the mdb file presents in shared with full control. I am using PI 7.0 of NW04s.

So what could be the reason for this error message? I am very new to XI so please tell me if any further steps has to be done for this scenario.

Regards,

Sathish Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think your JDBC configuration is incorrect in the reciever.check ur configuration using https://weblogs.sdn.sap.com/pub/wlg/1924. [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

sathish_perumal
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have checked all the configuration, everything is working fine except the last step, that is updating the MS Access table. I have written a Java Program in the XI server itself to access the MS Access database, even that says NullPointerException. My Server is running in AIX.

What I want to know is how to access a file which is in Windows based system, from AIX system. Now I am giving the path as '
192.9.206.69\jdbc\db1.mdb' , it is giving error.

But if I execute my Java Program with the same path mentioned above from another Windows based system, it is working perfectly.

How to solve this problem.?

Regards,

Sathish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sathish,

Are you sure you can access the file db1.mdb from your XI server? Just try using this path
192.9.206.69\jdbc\ in your Run dialog box. Check if you can access, the location?

Regards,

Jai Shankar

sathish_perumal
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Jai Shankar, XI Server is running from AIX OS, so I made the hostentry in the host file of the server and ping the windows based system from the server, it was pinging. So it is able to connect to the windows based system, but how to check whether it is able to access the folder I have in the windows system?

Regards,

Sathish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sathish,

>><i>how to check whether it is able to access the folder I have in the windows system</i>

In RUN command of your XI server, type this //<Windows system ip address>/jdbc

Regards,

Uma

sathish_perumal
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Uma,

Server runs in AIX, so there is no RUN command, it is possible only through ftp. That is working fine. Now I have a basic doubt, whether it is possible to access a file in windows based system from a XI server that runs in AIX?

Regards,

Sathish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you check it in communication channel monitoring?

Check the error message.

sathish_perumal
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shweta,

The error message which I mentioned in my First post is from Communication Channel Monitoring only.

Regards,

Sathish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since it is throwing NullPointer Exception... your DB name or path may be wrong. Check your folder name and DB name and also its case.

Regards,

Uma

sathish_perumal
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Uma,

I have tried all combinations with uppercase and lowercase. But no use.

Regards,

Sathish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sathish,

Check your JDBC adapter in adapter monitoring.

sathish_perumal
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shweta,

In PI 7.0 we cannot check JDBC Adapter with Adapter Monitoring, here it is part of Communication Channel Monitoring.

Regards,

Sathish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sathish,

this is a eg url:

jdbc:microsoft:sqlserver://infwcf1583:1527;DatabaseName=Northwind

here ://infwcf1583:1527 is the host name and port of the machine on which database is there,then Northwind is the database name.

In your case for MS Access you would need to create one DSN for your database on your machine and then give correct host name port and give that DSN in your DatabaseName input field.

Thanks,

Shweta.

sathish_perumal
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shweta,

I checked it but still result is the same. First of all XI is not able to connect to my system I think otherwise error message atleast should change for each change in the databasename and path I make in ID.

Regards,

Sathish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sathish,

Your jdbc driver connection url might not be the correct one,plz check your url,because this connection url will be used to establish connection between XI and database.

As url is not correct it is unable to establish connection.

Thanks,

Shweta.

sathish_perumal
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shweta,

Thanks for the reply. You are right , I am trying to establish connection between XI and Database only. It is a receiver JDBC Communication Channel. I have my data coming from a File in my R/3 Application server.

Regards,

Sathish