cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to install sap gui 6.4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to install SAP GUI640 on my machine (Windows XP).

In the middle of the installation, I'am getting an

error like:

Your computer needs to be restarted due to pending system changes. It is not safe to continue without a reboot.

I have restarted the system. But it is displaying the same error.

How do i resolve it?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try this out.

When it asks to reboot your system opt for no and try.

Sometimes ago i got the same prob and i didnt opt for restarting the system and it worked fine.

Dont forget to award a point if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pl check the sapsetup.log file located in c:\windows folder. It gives you some worthy information to shoot the trouble.

Further run the command sapsetup /check and analyse the outcome.

Pl refer to sap note 508649.

Hope this helps.

Dont forget to award point if helpful

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear...

I have gone through the message. It is a case of infection of VIRUS. Pls run latest antivirus then unistall the previous SAP GUI and fresh install it. I think this will help you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The SAPGui installation looks at the registry key PendingFileRenamOperations (you find it under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager).

It's possible that a other Software doesn't delete his key after the reboot. It's described in SAP Note 542927.

Tom

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Is this a fresh installation or do you have an earlier version of SAPgui loaded on the machine?

Regards,

Rich Heilman

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I have uninstalled the existing sap gui 640 version. again im trying to reinstall sap gui 640 version.but now im unable to install that version too. during the installation im getting tht error.

" Your computer needs to be restarted due to pending system changes. It is not safe to continue without a reboot."

kindly help me

Thanks in adavance

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Hmmm.... interesting, when I got this message before, I just rebooted and it continued with the installation. Maybe try to remove the sapgui directory, if it was not removed during deinstallation. Should be under c:\program files\sap\frontend\sapgui.

REgards,

Rich Heilman

Christian_Cohrs
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

maybe some other installation did not clean up properly. I think you may just continue with the installation after the first reboot and ignore the error message. At least that's what I do

Best regards,

Christian