cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sync Send step after transformation step in BPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have an interface where I am loading the data into an Oracle database and getting the response back (insertcount) from the database. Based on the response, I have to execute a stored procedure in another sync send step.

I am doing perfectly alright until the transformation step. The sync send step after this step has the following entries.

Sync interface: MI_LG_SP_INPUT_ABS

Request Message: sp_lg_rec

Response Message: sp_lg_snd

While doing 'check(F7)', I am getting the following error.

<b>Interface MI_LG_SP_INPUT_ABS for element sp_lg_poc_step2 is not abstract/asynchronous</b>

The request message for this sync send step is the target message of the transformation step.

This error is bugging me since 2 days. Please help me with this.

Thanks

Kalyan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

sp_lg_poc_step2 is refereing to the container element?If yes,that should be abstract asynchronous.

Request Message: sp_lg_rec~container elements shld be abstract asynchronous.

Response Message: sp_lg_snd

~container elements shld be abstract asynchronous.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sravya,

I know what I did now. For my send sync interface which is MI_LG_SP_INPUT_ABS, I have unnecessarily created a container element and which caused this problem. From your post, I rechecked it and found that I don't need a container element for my abs/sync interface as I already have container elements for request and response which are abs/asynch.

I gave you full points, thinking that you will come for my rescue in the future (just kidding!!!).

Thanks again,

Kalyan

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No problem:)

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the attribute in the message interface section in integration repository MI_LG_SP_INPUT_ABS is abstract and asynchronous.

After you save the message interface activate the bpm.that shld solve,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sravya,

My send step is synchronous. With out having a sync abstract interface, how could I get the response back?

Thanks

Kalyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please recheck the properties of the sync step.

1. Make sure that the Sync interface is abstract and asynchronous.

2. The request message, must be the same message, as that of the target message of the transformation. The same container element must be used.

3. Make sure, the request message has is of type abstract async.

4. Similarly, the response message must be abstract async.

Regards,

Smitha.