cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Information on mapping and how to configure the mapping?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

Experts!!! i am new XI and any one can provide the information mapping ?

Like purpose of mapping? how to configure ? what are different mappings?

In detail pls...

Adv..thanks

Cheers

Rakesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

prasanthi_chavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hai,

XI provides 3 standard ways of interface mapping between source and target.

Graphical mapping

Java mapping

XSLT mapping

Two more additional mapping types can be activated in XI by making changes to the exchange profile. Those two mappings are

ABAP mapping

XSLT mapping with ABAP Extensions.

Graphical mapping is a common approach followed by everyone for generating desired target structure. It involves simple drag-n-drop to correlate respective nodes (fields) from source and target structure. It hardly involves coding. (Exception – User defined functions). But sometimes with graphical mapping it is difficult to produce required output. For example … text/html output, namespace change, sorting or grouping of records etc. A person comfortable with Object Oriented ABAP can go for ABAP mapping instead. One can also think of Java mapping as another option but it is a bit complex and required knowledge of Java. In such cases, XSLT mapping can be the best approach to meet the requirements.

just go through the following links:

/people/prasad.ulagappan2/blog/2005/06/29/java-mapping-part-i

/people/prasad.ulagappan2/blog/2005/06/29/java-mapping-part-ii

/people/prasad.ulagappan2/blog/2005/06/29/java-mapping-part-iii

Cheers,

Prasanthi.

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check this out.it can be useful.

try simple message mapping before complex mappings.

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/08/16/message-mapping-simplified--part-i

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/12/08/message-mapping-simplified-150-part-ii

can be useful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

Mapping means the conversion from a source message (structure) to a target message (structure).

In this operation you define how fields of the target message are filled using fields of the source message.

You can choose between:

- graphical message mapping

- XSLT Mapping

- Java Mapping

- ABAP Mapping

Tipically it is preferible to use graphical message mapping because it is easier to develope and mantain. In some cases due to special requirements (high volume of messages or big size of messages) you could prefer to use other type of mapping, have a look at this blog to have an idea:<a href="/people/udo.martens/blog/2006/08/23/comparing-performance-of-mapping-programs">Comparing Performance of Mapping Programs</a>

Graphical message mapping:

<a href="/people/yukai.shi/blog/2006/06/02/b2b-mapping-techniques-using-the-graphical-mapping-tool Mapping Techniques Using the Graphical Mapping Tool</a>

Java Mapping:

<a href="/people/prasad.ulagappan2/blog/2005/06/29/java-mapping-part-i Mapping (Part I)</a>

<a href="/people/prasad.ulagappan2/blog/2005/06/29/java-mapping-part-ii Mapping (Part II)</a>

<a href="/people/prasad.ulagappan2/blog/2005/06/29/java-mapping-part-iii Mapping (Part III)</a>

XSLT Mapping:

<a href="/people/pooja.pandey/blog/2005/06/27/xslt-mapping-with-java-enhancement-for-beginners Mapping With JAVA Enhancement ( For Beginners)</a>

ABAP Mapping:

<a href="https://www.sdn.sap.comhttp://www.sdn.sap.comhttp://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e3ead790-0201-0010-64bb-9e4d67a466b4">How to Use ABAP Mapping in XI 3.0</a>

Additionally,

have a look at this blog <a href="/people/morten.wittrock/blog/2006/03/23/getting-started-with-xi-part-1-xi-30-cheat-sheet started with XI, part 1: XI 3.0 cheat sheet</a>, it could be useful to start with XI.

Hope it helps,

kind Regards,

Sergio

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos