cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPM: write to DB, BPM error, rollback of stored data in database possible??

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello together,

i will have following problem:

i will send information from outside through XI over BPM and RFC to a SAP r/3 system. if the bpm process has an error after the storing information into the database all changes in the database have to be make undo. but how can i do this? how can i handle a rollback in the database regarding to BPM?

thanks a lot

alex

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check this out.He will answer u in the blog:)

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2006/06/27/xi-who-said-he-cannot-be-stopped-bpm-jim--sp17

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the ccbpm will start from point of error and not from the begining.

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

can u tell what error ur talking about?Is that a sytem related or process related error?Why do u want to create a new process?If system files in between you have various mechanisms to re-start the messages.If you are just writing the code to handle this error,I donot recommend you to create a new process but use a control step and alert the user.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sravya,

it is not a specified error. i just want to know how to handle an error or exception if data are stored in a database (rollback and so on).

the next question i have: when a bpm will be stopped by an exception handling or an error and i have the possibility to restart it (haven't i??) at which point of the bpm the restart will begin? at the point of error or at the start point of the bpm??

thanks a lot

alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Sravya,

what happen to the bpm when an error occurs? can you answer this question, too? can i restart a bpm or have i to make a new bpm process?

thanks a lot

alex

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use an excepting branch and call a stored proc to do a rollback..or do a commit on a DB only after there is no error in ccBPM.