Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PO/ SC / Buyers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all:

This may sound a basic questio but can any tell me:

1. when does a PO is created. I mean, imagine i own a company, if i buy something from a vendor, who will send the PO. Is that me or the vendor(i hope its vendor as it makes sense)??

2. If i sell my products to a vendor, then who created a PO.

3. when we create a SC, are we the buying from vendors thorugh on-line by accessing their Inventory (like a bestbuy web site) or or we giving the buyers to access our inventory and select what they need from our inventory( i mean my company)

I hope you can throw some light

Thanks

kavi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

1 it depends on the order type, assuming we are on SRM we are sending a purchase order to the vendor, you might want to send this po to the vendor in a way that a sales order is created automatically in the vendor systems.

2 if you are selling to the 'vendor' you are the actual vendor

3 when you create an sc you can use 2 different types of catalog:

- a catalog that you set up collaborating with the vendor, that is the vendor creates a list of item on your catalog and you assign these items your purchasing data (contract no, product category....), you own the catalog and you take care of it

- a catalog that the vendor made available integrating their data with your purchasing data and making their site OCI compliant, the vendor owns the catalog and you dont have to worry about updating it.

Regards, Luciano.

Answers (0)