cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PO in SRM and R/3- How to distinguish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all:

we have SRM and R/3 and we do reporting in BW.

i know lot of BW and i am trying to catch with up with EBP now.

aswe know a SC is created in SRM, it gets (may/maynot) approved.

in our case once it gets approved although a PO is created in SRM we replicate that PO in R/3 and GR and Invoice are generated in R/3. i am clear till this part.

Q 1. instead of extracting R/3 PO's to BW can i use SRM PO's directly(my source system is defined already)

Q 2. But my Invoices are created in R/3. so, can i only pull invoices data from R/3 and the rest from SRM.

Thanks

Kavi.

i will assign points for useful answers

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) The PO data can be extracted from SRM or R/3 . But the advantage of extracting data from R/3 is that you have lot many other data while compared to SRM system . In case u are having SRM and Sap R/3 or ECC as your backend system , it is always better to extract PO data from R/3 or ECC. In case your backend system is going to be other than SAP system , probably we can think of extracting data from SRM.

2) GR and invoice data always have to be pulled from R/3 system

3) Shopping cat details exist only in SRM and the details has to be extracted only from SRM .

Suggest to extract 1) shopping cart from SRM 2) PO,GR and Invoice from SAP R/3 or ECC.

Hope above clarifies your questions

Regards

Mani

Message was edited by:

Manikanda Ilango S.

Message was edited by:

Manikanda Ilango S.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kavi,

ad 1) Yes, You can use SRM PO's in BW (specially for Extendend Class. Scenario).

In transaction BBP_PD (on SRM side) for object type BUS2201 (PO) You can find all nessesary information about PO's, SC's etc.

ad 2) Yes, You can do that,

Regards,

Marcin Gajewski

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all.

I gave points

kavi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Q 1, yes, but you will not be sure that the PO has been transferred correctly.

Q 2, you can create invoices also in SRM, they get transferred to the R/3 as logistic invoice, it depends on what kind of invoices you need to read.

Regards, Luciano.