cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM Vendor Table Fields!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

As per my understanding SAP MDM providing a standard Vendor repository with nearly 75 fields..here i have few doubts:

1) If a compay owns 180 fields in Vendor...HOW SAP MDM will support the rest of the fields??? is SAP supports or not?

2) If we create a custom repository for the rest of the fields, how can we map this custom repository in MDM???

3) and how can we define the field attributes for the custom repository fields Ex: flat, lookup, hirarchy and etc.,

Appriciate all your responses & Help!!!

Best Regards,

Girish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Although the Vendors table (Main Table) in Standard Vendors Repository appears to have only 75-80 fields, many of these fields are lookup fields(flat, qualified,etc.); which are links to subtables that contain additional fields. Thus in reality the Vendors main table contains over 100-120 fields. This was primarily done to prevent the main table from growing too wide and to reduce redundancy.

So i think the standard Vendors repository will be able to support majority of the requirements. But in case one require additional fields, we can always add them to the repository(while it is unloaded) and customize it as per our requirements. Hence i feel there is probably no need for creating a custom repository.

Hope this helped your cause.

Thanks and Regards,

Siddharth Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddharth,

Thanks for the answer, can we add those additional fields in to the sub tables???

or we can add them in to Maintable only???

I think its depend on the table and field relation ship rt?

if we add the additional fields fields in to sub tbales how can we define the field types?

Thanks & Regards,

Girish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Girish,

We can easily add additional fields to these sub-tables when repository is unloaded. There is no restriction as such. The only mandatory thing is there must be a link between the main and sub tables.

Also referring to your query about defining field types - when u add a field to a main/sub-table in the <i>Fields</i> pane; there is<i>Type</i> property in the <i>Field Details pane</i> where you can define the field type.

Please let me know if this solved your problem.

Thanks and Regards,

Siddharth Sharma

Answers (0)