cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to convert Legacy to XML

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

Can anyone plz explain me how to convert legacy to XML file? and wht r the different possibilities legacy can b?

thank u in advance

xilearner

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Legacy systems are non SAP systems.All the times it doesnot mean you convert into xml files.

It depends on techie abilities of the legacy systems which adapter you will use for converting into XI specific format.

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/03/02/introduction-to-simplefile-xi-filescenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starterspart1

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/03/03/introduction-to-simple-file-xi-filescenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starterspart2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sravya,

Hey u r answer was helpful but i want to know which legacy system was it whether it was websphere or mainframe or it was Xcel sheets or .NET? can anyone plz provide answer for this?

thank u in advance

xilearner

Former Member
0 Kudos

I also wanted to ask one more thing is it the work of the XI people to convert legacy system to XML format file?

thank u

xilearner

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes in most cases, it is upto XI to convert legacy Format to XI.

You can use the content conversion of file adapter to convert a non XML file to an XML File. This non XML can be a Excel File, a PDF, a CSV etc.

It does not matter from which leagacy System the file comes to XI. All it matters to XI is in what format the file is available and the corresponding content conversion to be done the same. It can be a main frame system or a .Net Application and so on.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh

Thank u very much for answering my quest but the thing y i asked mainframe or websphere is now a days when v attend interviews the interviewers r asking particularly whether the legacy system was mainframe or websphere? as u said the NON XML format can b excel file, PDF does this all come in to mainframe or websphere? plz answer this quest

thank u

xilearner