cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where/How could i download br*toosl(6.4)? especially brconnect!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to install SAP R/3 Enterprise 4.70 on Windows Server 2000, database Oralce 9.2 and I want to install entire SAP system in 1 Computer.

I have been installed Oracle 9.2 and SAP's center service successfully.

But when i install SAP's database service, when SAPinst run to the Database load (post processing) (R3load jobs: finishing SAPVIEW), it throws error as below and

teminated.

fortunately someone give me a answer like this

you have probably donwloaded the wrong br*tools.

There are two version: one for Oracle 9.2 and another one for Oracle10.

The Oracle 9.2 one should not try to load oci.dll because it is linked to different DLL.

The brtools from version 700 are using the so called Oracle Instant Client from Oracle10. The brtools version 640 are using the Oracle9 embedded (part of rdbms installation) and should use orasql9.dll

but i could not find brconnect 6.4!!!

i connected service.sap.com and searched download software, but i could not find...

please help me!!!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Junki,

i dont think your problem is with brtools, try to see all the oracle services are running or not ( you can find services by executing services.msc in run command)

as you requsted about BRTOOLS, latest Brtools you can find while kernal upgading dbkernal executables (sapdbexe).

try to send error log.

regards

D.samrat

Former Member
0 Kudos

brconnect.log like this...

BR0801I BRCONNECT 7.00 (16)

BR0999E Loading of SQL client library oci.dll failed - please check Oracle configuration

BR0310E Connect to database instance C11 failed

BR0280I BRCONNECT time stamp: 2006-11-28 00.25.58

BR0804I BRCONNECT terminated with errors

and i checked all service are running ...

so please help me....

i neeed brconnect not brtools.....

andreas_herzog
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

-> downloads -> support packages and patches -> entry by application group -> additional components -> sap kernel -> now chose either 32 or 64 bit; either unicode or non-unicode -> sap kernel 6.40 -> windows server -> oracle -> download the package <b>DBATOOLS Package for Oracle 9.2.x</b> ... brconnect is part of that package...

GreetZ, AH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

Thanks to all who posted a resolution to this problem..

I had been trying to install BW31, for a couple of says, but the installation always aborts at "Updating Statistics" with Error " "loading of sql client library oci.dll".

The problem seems to be with the SAP Patch Collection InstallMaster disc Material No.(51032143_13).

So here's what i did to resolve the problem,

1)Installed DB Instance as usual.Then after the installation errors out due to loading of sql client library oci.dll ..

2)I unsar the downloaded DBATOOLS.sar (Thanks for the Link Andreaz!!!)

& overwrite the extracted files, to installmaster disc & then restart installation

& that does the trick...

Former Member
0 Kudos

problem solved downloading DBATOOLS for 9i 6.40

thanks

Nickk

bhaskar_ghandikota
Participant
0 Kudos

Which folder do I overwrite?

pl advise.

Thanks,

Bhaskar

Former Member
0 Kudos

not overwrite but extract to

\usr\sap\<sid>\sys\exe\run (if existing) or

\usr\sap\<sid>\sys\exe\<nuc|uc>\<hardwareplatform>

bhaskar_ghandikota
Participant
0 Kudos

That took care of the issue.

Thanks Peter,

Regards,

Bhaskar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had same problem and solved it as you,But i wonder how does it install BrTool 7 instead of 6.40.

Any idea ???

Regards.

Answers (0)