cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assigning more than 12 entries in the Sales Doc -> Item Cat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Is it possible to assign more than 11 alternate item categories when you Assign Item Categories to Sales Doc Types? Currently table T184 has a default item category and 11 manual, alternate assignments. We're on version 4.6C. Are more entries allowed in future versions or are there any OSS notes to add more? I looked, but didn't find any.

Thank you,

Johnny

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I dont think it is allowed in normal way. You need to go for code modification which is not recommended. Modifications will effect future hotpacks and upgrades.

regards

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

Thanks for your help. Our Development team agrees with you 100%. Do you know if future releases of SAP (after 4.6C) support > 11 alternates? Know of any plans on SAP's part to support this? It is a shame to have to create a new sales document type just because we don't have enough different assignment slots. But like you've already pointed out, modifying this table could have some substantial negative impacts down the road.

Again, thank you

Johnny

Message was edited by:

Johnny Burrell

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

you can write to SAP seek their advice, sometime they will tell you whether it is considered in future releases or not.

regards

Srinivas

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I work in ECC 5.0 and have the same problem as you. I have not found any OSS notes about this.

Have you found a solution for the problem

Regards

Ingegerd Andersson