cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extended Value Help - Context Binging Select Values - BAPI Node

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working on a problem where I have a table with 3 rows for example. Each row needs to have an Extended Value Help Select Menu containing data for the name and key of manufacturing plants.

I have created a context Value Node called selectValues. selectValues also has an attribute called plant.

My question is how can I use these three Extended Value selectors in such a way that when I change the value for one EVS on one table row the other Extended Value Selectors on the other table rows remain unchanged?

The problem is that when I change one EVS, they all are changing their value.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

lajitha_menon
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to place this value attribute plant under the datasource node of the table. Then it will retain values for each row.

Regards,

LM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Under the table datasource I already have a bapi which does have an attribute named plant. however, I am under the impression that I can not use that Value Attribute because it is not a Simple Type. Would that be correct?

Thanks.

lajitha_menon
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Brian,

you will not be able to use that attribute if it is mapped to another node.

One of the solution is to manually copy from the Bapi node to your datasource node. For this u need to do the following

-Create a new value node(you can use the same structure as the Bapi output node so you get all the field types)

-Bind this new node as your table datasource

-in wdModifyView, if firstTime is true, copy the node from Bapi to local like this

IWDNodeElement elemSrc;
		IWDNodeElement elemDest;
		int size = ValueNodeSrc.size();
		for (int i = 0; i < size; i++) {

ValueNodeSrc.setLeadSelection(i);
			elemSrc = ValueNodeSrc.getCurrentElement();

elemDest = ValueNodeDest.createElement();
			ValueNodeDest.addElement(elemDest);

WDCopyService.copyCorresponding(elemSrc, elemDest);

}

-This node will not have any mapping, so you can attach EVS value help to Plant.

-You can do the same manual copy to submit the data to a model node to save

I remember there was a thread with another solution which looked simpler than this. Have a look in SDN, you might find that thread.

Hope that helps,

Regards,

L Menon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks again for your reply. The error I get when trying to use the mapped bapi attribute is 'must not modify the datatype of a mapped attribute' I will try to implement your example and let you know what happens.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi L Menon,

Thank you for the solution. It works great!

Regards,

Brian Lyons

Answers (0)