Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message Recorded / Message Recorded Commit missing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We are facing an issue where some of the records are showing a status

Mesage RECORDED (with commit ) and some others are showing Message Recorded Commit missing. The records did not reach the destination

Any what does this mean ..and the possible solution

Again what is the difference between both of these

thanks

Prashanth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check this transactions SMQ1, SMQ2 and SM58.

Regards,

Wojciech

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the info

Any idea why the message is showing the status Message Recorded / Message Recorded Commit missing

What is the actual meaning of:- "Message Recorded" and "Message Recorded Commit missing"

Please let me know in case u have any idea

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It depends on scenarion. For instance in IDOC scenarios messages can be blocekd because on target system there is no configured partne profile and in such case you will see message inside transaction SM58. Also sometimes you can have a problems with queues (smq1, smq2) than you have to either restart messages which are blocking the queue or cancel them. Sometimes you have to activate and deactivate queue.

Regards,

Wojciech

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank u very much

The scenerio which i am seeing involves ABAP proxy at the sender and receiver side.

When i click on the queue name it is taking me to the qRFC monitor

However i do not see any queue being listed in the qRFC monitor

Is this due to any specific state of the particular queue

Also do you have any pointers to documents (detailed level ) on the following

:- SXMB_MONI

:-Processing of messages by Integration Server / IE

:-qRFCs

:-Proxies

thanks

Prashanth

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

If you are using ABAP proxy, did you configure Queues in the SAP R/3 side similar like XI ?

If not go to SXMB_ADM-->Queue Admini->Manage Queues and register the queues.

Then check the interface.. if you are not able to get the mesage in the destination, go to <b>SXMB_MONI of the Reciever SAP system (r/3 )</b> if the message processing is success in the XI system. Check this status..

SXMB_MONI- http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/c4/9a5c3bab977239e10000000a114084/content.htm

qRFCs- this blog may help u -/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/11/29/xi-how-to-re-process-failed-xi-messages-automatically

Proxies-

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/91/de56456be146e791bf88188306aa57/content.htm

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Murthy

Please let me know in documents with more details on the same

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

More on qRFC Administration-

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/0c/275c3c60065627e10000000a114084/content.htm

Let me know if anything specific..

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashanth -

When dealing with ABAP proxies, the most typical case where you see the status Message Recorded (Commit Missing) is when there is NOT a 'commit work' coded within the client proxy (sending system). Client abap proxies require a 'commit work' after the proxy call is made within the code.

I've seen Message Recorded (commit follows) when the message is delivered from XI to the target abap system where the server proxy resides. Essentially the message is delivered and waiting to be processed in the target system. It could be related to a queue registration problem as already discussed or a problem during message processing within the server proxy implementation code. You may want to test out your servery proxy implementation using the proxy test tool. You can navigate to the proxy testing area within SPROXY within the system where your proxy is implemented.

Regards,

Jin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jin

Thank you very much ... This almost answers the issue ......

This issue that i have seen is at the server proxy side

Some of the messages has a status

:- Message Recorded (with commit ) [Greeen Plain Falg]

while some others has

:- Message Recorded (commit missing ) [Balck Plain Falg]

What is the essentail difference between these 2

Also in case u have any documentation of proxies , please send it across

(I have already gone through the hep availble in sap ..i am looking for a more detailed doc which explains the end to end working of the system )

thanks again

prashanth

moorthy
Active Contributor
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashanth -

The essential difference is that the "commit missing" status never gets released for processing - how you would get it released is an interesting question. It's strange that a server proxy would have Message Recorded (Commit Missing), especially since a commit work is automatically triggered when a server proxy completes successfully. I can foresee this happening in a server proxy if, for instance, you have an embedded client proxy within the server proxy and the server proxy processing fails to complete - in this case, the embedded outbound proxy call can have this "commit missing" status.

In any case, there isn't too much official SAP documentation out there detailing ABAP proxies. However, you can find abap proxy examples in an XI system (e.g. flight demo). Go to sproxy within your XI system and look within your SAP BASIS 640/700 SWC. There are some delivered examples there.

Regards,

Jin

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashanth,

Check these..

qRFC --> https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f210b290-0201-0010-3eba-bfab78a7...

Proxies -->

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/03/14/abap-proxies-in-xiclient-proxy

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/04/03/abap-server-proxies

cheers,

Prashanth

P.S Please mark helpful answers