cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UIElement InvisibleElement - What is it for?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone.

I would really like to know what the UI Element InvisibleElement is intended for. I have tried to use it for a couple of things (as space filler for example) but it hasnt worked for me. So I'd like to know if anyone has found a good use for it.

Francisco

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

I had a problem in which i have to show drop down UI element as mandatory(wanted a red star on the view at drop down).So i created a invisible UI element,made it state as mandatory and binded it to attribute in my context.

Now in my label property of my dropdown called as label for i selected my invisible UI element .Like this i achieved a star on my drop down also.

Regards

Nidhideep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Javadoc says:

<i>The InvisibleElement UI element is used as a layout filler in containers. </i>

Armin

lajitha_menon
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fransisco,

You would use it to create empty space instead of field in a layout like gridlayout. For eg: Consider a grid layout with 4 columns - which displays label and input field combination in each row. Now, you need the layout manager to create spaces in the 1st and 2nd column of the second row alone. You can achieve this by putting invisible elements in these places, It will not be visible when you deploy.

Cheers,

LM