cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Entities in XI Graphical Mapping Tool

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

When I map the value 1035_&_mod@xyz.com with the XI Graphical Mapping Tool it is mapped to 1035_& a m p;_mod@xyz.com (without spaces).

How can the conversion of & to an & a m p; entity be avoided? In the XML as well as in the communication channel I have specified UTF-8 encoding. Thanks for your help.

Regards, Tanja

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you check this value in the SXMB_MONI payload ? Are you getting as required value ? In teh xml it will show & but you can check this value in the receiver..

Also findout the view source of this xml..

Using Java Mapping it is possible-

Hope this helps,

Regards,

moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

When I download the payload from SXMB_MONI and open the XML with a text editor there is & a m p; (without spaces) instead of &. The receiving system cannot deal with & a m p; and we cannot use Java Mapping. When the sending system sends & the value should be mapped into & with the graphical mapping tool, it should not be mapped into & a m p;

Regards, Tanja

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tanja,

This cannot be avoided, as an & sign in the XML would make the whole structure unvalid. The question is: How the receiver adapter could transform the & back to a normal & sign.

Which receiver adapter do you use?

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan!

> Which receiver adapter do you use?

The scenario is SAP CRM (ABAP proxy) -> XI -> (HTTP) Third-Party System which cannot deal with & in the e-mail address field.

Regards, Tanja

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tanja,

When the receiving system requests an XML struture, I do not see any chance to solve this topic in XI. The receiving system has to unescape the &.

On the other side it is very odd to have an & in the email address. Most email providers do not allow this.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Stefan!

> When the receiving system requests an XML struture, I

> do not see any chance to solve this topic in XI. The

> receiving system has to unescape the &.

Ok, so we will have to implement a modification in the receiving Third-Party system.

> On the other side it is very odd to have an & in

> the email address.

Yes, but & is an allowed sign in e-mail addresses and in production we had several customer records that had a e-mail address containing an & sign.

Regards, Tanja