cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete Characteristic Combinations from a Combination List

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We want to delete planning-relevant characteristic combinations in a Master Planning Object Structure, which have Zero-values in the planning book (e.g. quantities, amounts,...).

In the transaction

/SAPAPO/MC62

there is only the possibilty to select the characteristic combinations, but no values of the planning book.

How can we delete these useless characteristic combinations?

Best regards

Stefan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I've done this at one site. We did it as a 2 step proceess:

1) Identify the candidate CVC's by using BAPI_PBSRVAPS_GETDETAIL2 to identify those where all the key figures (or the important ones) were zero. In our case we were interested at product level only.

2) Report a list of these candidates, the user selected the ones they wanted to delete. Use the selected entries to build a list in the SELECTION table that is passed to /SAPAPO/TS_PLOB_DELETE.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This helps very much! Thanks you for your fast answer!!!

Hope i can combine these 2 functions well...

Best regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

How can I select Data with BAPI_PBSRVAPS_GETDETAIL2?

I tried to select the right data, but it didn't work correct...

Parameters:

PLANNINGBOOK

DATAVIEW

PLANNING_VERSION

If I use only these 3 parameters, I get all characteristics combinations.

When I edit the follwing table (where I want to select the zero-values), it doesn't work:

Table SELECTION (1 Entry):

CHARACTERISTICNAME = VAL_EUR

C = I

CH = EQ

CHAR_VAL_LOW = 0

(CHAR_VAL_HIGH = 0)

I'm also only interested at product level.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi - Stefan

VAL_EUR is a key figure is it not? I think you are entering a key figure in the SELECTION table when you need to be entering characteristic(s). The SELECTION table is used with characteristics like location and product - or you could enter a selection ID in SELECTION_ID instead.

You need to place VAL_EUR in the KEY_FIGURE_SELECTION table and values for that key figure will be returned in the KEY_FIGURE_VALUE table. You will then need to eiliminate the values greater than zero and that will be your list. You cannot select only zero values but you can eliminate zero values from being returned.

Note if the KEY_FIGURE_SELECTION is empty then all key figures are returned.

Also if you are not entering product in the SELECTION table then you will need to enter product in the GROUP_BY table so that data is returned at that level.

Andy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andy,

Yes, VAL_EUR is a key figure.

--> If I want to get a list of Materials and VAL_EUR for example, I have to fill the table KEY_FIGURE_SELECTION with "VAL_EUR" and tables SELECTION/GROUP_BY with "MATERIAL".

Afterwards I have to eliminate the VAL_EUR NE '0' in a program and sent the list to /SAPAPO/TS_PLOB_DELETE. In the table IT_SELECTION there are the fields 'S' and 'OP' - what are they standing for? Whats the funtion of the table IT_PLOBJ?

Could you please explain what I have to fill in the fields 'C' und 'CH' in the table SELECTION? I'm always getting a selection-error when I fill this table...

Thank you very much

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

John,

I am interested in doing a mass deletion of CVCs. I have no problem obtaining the list of CVCs to be deleted. I see you mentioned a list could be passed to "/SAPAPO/TS_PLOB_DELETE". Is this an SAP program or module? I could not find it (using SCM4.1).

Former Member
0 Kudos

transaction /SAPAPO/MC62 screen has the Delete from a combination list option in the first screen

the selection is through selection conditions

executing this will bring up all the CVCs that are constrained by the selections

you can then select the ones you want (or select all) and delete them

am not sure if using the standard process will let you delete directly from a list

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm41/helpdata/en/43/645f33285fb245a04e56b9386ca1a4/content.htm

another way is as mentioned by john, instead of the /SAPAPO/TS_PLOB_DELETE try /SAPAPO/TS_PLOB_CREATE with a delete check box.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Harish,

Thanks, but the MC62 selection screen only allows entry of each characteristic independently of the other characteristic. For example, if I want to delete CVCs of material 1 for customer A and material 2 for customer B and both customer A & B have CVCs for both material 1 & 2, I will end up with CVCs in the selection that I do not want to delete. Now if I am only dealing with a limited number of CVCs, I could easily select only the ones to be deleted from the total list. Unfortunately, I have over 10,000 CVCs that I need to clean out. I was hoping for a mechanism to delete only completely specified CVCs within a given list.

The /SAPAPO/TS_PLOB_CREATE option only allows for one manually specified CVC at a time as far as I can tell.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai John,

You are probably mistaken in saying "MC62 selection screen only allows entry of each characteristic independently of the other characteristic". It does give you all the characteristics. Also to get the list you asked, you could also get it fromy our infocube, that has the same technical name as your POS. Give a selection and you will see the list. You can also save it as local file, if you want.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

john

what you need for deleting a list of CVCs is a functionality like in SCM 5 where you can load a worklist of CVCs and delete the list

if you are going to delete a lot of characteristics i would suggest you also consider a way of rebuilding the whole CVC list...

Its a bit tricky but can be done

1. backup data from the current planning area into another planning area

2. Create an Infocube X of characteristics with just the Characterisic values you need

3. Delete all CVC in the MPOS

4. Generate new char from infocube X

5. Copy from backup planning area into the current planning area

Former Member
0 Kudos

Harish,

It sounds like what I really need is available in 5.0. I don't know when we will be upgrading to 5.0, but I know it won't be anytime soon.

I will give serious consideration to you suggestion of putting the needed CVCs into a new Infocube, clearing out the entire MPOS, regenerating CVCs and repopulating the planning area from the new cube.

Thanks for the help.

John

P.S. I am new to the forum and I did not see an opportunity to award points. I think it may be because I jumped into the thread with a "reply" instead of creating a question. I will be more careful next time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

now worries...

lets know how it goes

creating a new thread question gives you a good chance for getting more answers too