cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI in the role Of FTP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

i have to use XI in the role of FTP for move 27 files wich are located in the same system but in diferent folders, and also has to be placed by XI in the same target system in diferentes folders. The Way that I´m thinking is creating one scenario for each folder source-target. But 27 scenarios look to much effort. has anyone thoer idea to do it the in the best way?

Any Idea?

Many thanks

Noelia

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can do this by using java program.

If you have the file name and folder name starts with specified pattern, then use the following.

1) write a user define function with java program for picking the file with the dynamic folder name and dynamic file name.

2) map the user define function in message mapping with root mesage nodes.

3) In Communication channel configuration , give the file name as " in mapping" or 'created through mapping' and check the adapter specific properties file name check box.

4). The above configuration can be used in sender and receiver communication channels.

Thanks,

Chandu

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Thanks for all your questions, I have decides develop de 27 configuration scenarios.

But the problem is that I cannot do it because I can create a new agrement or determinations for the new cs because it only uses one.

I know i´m doing something wrong but I do not what. The objects from the repository are the same

I know that the issue

Thanks and regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Noelia,

when you use the way through the XI, you have to create a sender and a receiver communication channel* for each file, together with a sender resp. receiver agreement for each communication channel.

You only need a single scenario, though. Scenarios are only a grouping of objects for better understanding, they have no technical use.

Kind regards,

Dennis

*Probably you need less, but in a first step, this should work...

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

if files are big this will slow down your scenarios very much

I suggest creating of a java proxy (that you will invoke by abap report for example)

that will copy the file - <b>without passing them VIA XI</b>

<b>it will be very fast

it will be very simple

it will not put the files inside XI - as you don't need that</b>

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Also, try looking at the option of moving all source files to a common source directory as this way you can limit the number of scenarios.

But, if your requirement is such that you cannot change the source directories, then yes, you would need the corresponding number of scenarios for every source directory which is rather a cumbersome and not a efficient way to do things.

Look at the option of writing a script to move the files to a common folder etc before actually deciding on creating one scenario for every source- target combination.

Regards,

Bhavesh

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Quite simple. No need for even Integration Repostiory Content. Only Integration Directory content would be needed..

Take a look at this blog,

/people/william.li/blog/2006/09/08/how-to-send-any-data-even-binary-through-xi-without-using-the-integration-repository

Regards,

Bhavesh