cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limitations at user level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I want to know if is possible to limit the use of memory, buffers,...at user level (no at instance level)

Does someone tell me how can I do it, please?

Thanks in advance.

Message was edited by:

Eshmarc

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

If you have more than one application server, then you could take advantage of logon groups and direct different users to different application servers. Then, you could have an application server with significantly limited memory profile per work process -- users could be directed to this app server.

Best Regards,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

<b>ztta/roll_extension:</b>

The value specifies the amount of memory that one user context can allocate to the SAP extended memory. This value applies to all types of work processes

<b>ztta/roll_area</b>

This parameter is used to specify the total size of the roll area, in bytes.

<b>ztta/roll_first.</b>

A part of the roll area is allocated a user context at the beginning.

Please reward if it is helpful

Regards,

Phani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is not user specific...this is instance specific and applies to all users who logged in sap system

Regards

Umesh K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yea ur right Umesh , It was a mistake but I dont think there are no memory parameters that can apply at user level

Regards,

Phani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your quick answer. I think that Umesh is in the truth, this applies for all the user, the thing that I need is to apply it for a individual user.

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gili.

In SAP there is no way to restrict a user accessing the memory..Actually what is the purpose of this..if u ellaborate ur this,we could come up with some solutions..

Kind Regards

Umesh K

Former Member
0 Kudos

we have a Portal user (web portal).

There is a API (created in SAP) that is executed by an external user through a RFC connection.

our proposite:

that thist user cannot remain with all the resources of the machine (doing for example many requests followed).

--> that this user has limitations as far as resources.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

So this user is restricted in SAP level.U could have assign roles this user....

Please give us a clear idea

Regards

Umesh k

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want that thist user cannot remain with all the resources of the machine (put "rules" for this Communication user).

thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..

In OS level r u speaking about ?...Then U can set policies

Regards

Umesh K

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, i'm speaking about OS level.

thaks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..

Better to assign any group policy for user at OS level.In this thru SAP we cant do any thing.So go for this soln

Kind Regards

Umesh K

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks anyway