cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error while deploying the aplication-jco error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

i know thousends of questions in jco error. I have followed that threads , still i am getting an error.

Plz help me out from that error.

My EP server is running on was 6.20,

and xi server is running on was 6.40.

what i have done:

I have downloaded fightslist application from sdn.

i have deployed that application to was 6.40.

i created one technical system for abap.

i configured sld.

i entered service name(sapms147 3600/tcp(this is ides(4.7) serversid and port)) in servicefile in was 6.40 machine.

when maintaing jco connections the following error has come:

com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (102) RFC_ERROR_COMMUNICATION: Connect to message server host failed Connect_PM TYPE=B MSHOST=mlbpsap06 GROUP=PUBLIC R3NAME=I47 MSSERV=sapmsI47 PCS=1 LOCATION CPIC (TCP/IP) on local host with Unicode ERROR service 'sapmsI47' unknown TIME Fri Dec 01 15:27:10 2006 RELEASE 640 COMPONENT NI (network interface) VERSION 37 RC -3 MODULE ninti.c LINE 494 DETAIL NiPGetServByName2: service 'sapmsI47' not found SYSTEM CALL getservbyname_r COUNTER 7

My doubts are:

1.where i have to enter service i.e which machine (6.40 or 4.7 machine).

2.while creating technicalsystem which product i have to choose).

3while creating jco connection

whichone i have to choose either dictinory mata data or applicationdata.

in message server connection which user id & password i have to give means 4.7 userid or xiserver userid & password.

Plz helpme out from this.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First you need to enable your check SLDconnection button in contentadmin -webdynpro.

for this you need to add the port ip and port number username and URL this should be done at the time of portal installation only otherwise consult your admin.

then only the http://<ip>:<port>/sld url will work then u can add your technical system there your are adding the R/3 system information like user name and password and version numeber and all.

Once this happend you can create the JCO names that should be got thru this link.

Thanks,

Lohi.

Message was edited by:

Lohitha M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lohi,

i just followed the steps. After entering the service name i restarted the server too. Still i am getting error,like

com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (102) RFC_ERROR_COMMUNICATION: Connect to message server host failed Connect_PM TYPE=B MSHOST=mlbpsap01 GROUP=PUBLIC R3NAME=ECC MSSERV=sapmsECC PCS=1 LOCATION CPIC (TCP/IP) on local host with Unicode ERROR internal error TIME Tue Dec 05 09:19:54 2006 RELEASE 640 COMPONENT NI (network interface) VERSION 37 RC -1 COUNTER 1

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Make an entry in

C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\services

<SAPMESSAGESERVER> <PORT>/tcp

C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

<IP> <alias>

Kind Regards

Mukesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mukesh,

I have entered the service name in c:\windows\......\servicess.

ex: sapmsecc 3600/tcp

C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

<IP> <alias>

means give me the example..<ip> <alias>.

Thanks in advance

konchada_saikrishna
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Akruthi Prasad,

in c:\...\..\hosts

we need to enter IP Of the system with alias.

i.e., If your sap R/3 or message server is in system123 an it's IP address is 172.168.2.10 , then you should enetr thr IP of that system in the hosts as

172.168.2.10 system123.

See in the NWDS, in window tab>preferences>sap j2ee engine, you will type the host as the system where your sneak preview is installed. then the NWDS searches in the c:\..\..\ hosts file for the ip of the host name you entered. and then communicates with the IP through the respective port number you entered in the c:\..\...services file

Regards,

Sai Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sai,

which IP i need to give R/3 IP or was 6.40 IP.

my R/3 IP is 172.20.70.201 systemmlbpsap01. I enter this one

right..

in was 6.40 machine i entered serice name like SAPMSECC 3600/TCP(R/3 message server sid and port).

Thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

this is the host u need to add the R/3 system ip and system number and portal Ip and address.

C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc

Here open the note pad u can add

For R/3 :

172.20.70.201 systemmlbpsap01

For Portal

like that some what you have

172.20.70.200 portal.

After this .

U can goto the Contentadmin and check you Jco metadata and model data if these are green then you can utilize in import model.

When impor the model u need to give correct dat I mean to say system name and client and username pwd .

Is these two options are ok then you can success your JCO.

Thanks,

Lohi.

konchada_saikrishna
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Prasad,

Can you clarify me like in which system is your R/3, Sneak preview, and from which system you are working on NWDS.

Because if your sneak preview and R/3 are in same system the sld configuration is different, and if they are in different system they are different.

How ever you need to give both the IP address in the hosts file if they are different. and only one if they are on the same system.

and one more, while creating a JCO connection, in the step 4 i.e., message server parameter entries, in the drop down do you get the R/3 system entry which you defined in the sld configuration.

Regards,

Sai krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sai,

NWDS is local means which machine i am using.

My EP 6.0 SP2 in 172....202 but it is reunning on was 6.20.(mlbpsap02)

and here was 6.40 ip is 172.....203 IP ,but XI is installed on this server)(mlbpsap03)

and R/3 ECC ip is 172......201.(mlbpsap01)

no sneak preview edition and all.

I have downloaded application(sample flight) in webdynpro.

and i configured sld in 203(cim test connection is successfull) ip.and also entered the service name(sapmsecc 3600/tcp).After entering the service name i restarted the server

and created technical system for abap (and here selectiong products ecc components are not there.)

in webdynpro content admin while maintaing jco , the above error is coming.

i am unable to find where the problem is

the main thing is ep is not in was 6.40

further what i do

and where i enter the host ip and aliases.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi lohi

i entered R/3 server host and aliases name in was 6.40 remote connection.

like 172. 20.70.201 mlbpsap01

right have i to restart the server.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No need to restart the server.

Thanks,

Lohi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lohi,

Still the same error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

ping your Jco's destinations once.

If those are in green color then only you can utilize the JCo's.

And chek your properties of your R/3 system details when you call the model from R/3 system.

it might helps you.

Thanks,

Lohi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akruti Prasad,

Have you sort out the error. Can you please tell me how di du do that. I am also getting the same error

Thank you

Maruti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1.Check your JCO's once other wise create new jcos utilize those.

2.And when importing your Jco check your r/3 system properties properly.

3. Add your IP address in windows Host file

These are the reasons only to get this error.

Thanks,

Lohi.