Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Converting a .EAR file to .SDA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created an EJB (.ear).

My aim is to deploy this bean at with minimum efforts.

I deployed the Bean using the DeployTool.bat

Now i want to deploy it using the SDA

I wanted to know if it is possible to convert an ejb archive to an sda file.

Is there any tool for it.

Or should the entire process from the source code needs to be repeated to create a .sda file.

I am tottaly new to SDA.

REgards

Manoj

I

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member185706
Participant
0 Kudos

I think there is a batch converter. You can find it in dir : ...\j2ee\deploying\convertor.bat

Usage: converter <path_to_original_j2ee1.2.ear> <path_to_new.ear>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you mean deploying it through SDM, please look at the following:

-

The Software Deployment Archive (SDA) is the delivery format for SAP applications in programming languages other than ABAP. It is a ZIP-compatible archive format that can be used as a container for other archives. The SDA contains the manifest information - that is, package-related data - of its archives (such as jar, war) and an SAP manifest, which contains additional software logistics information.

The EAR archive is a special case in the J2EE context. If an EAR archive contains an SAP manifest, it is also an SDA. The SDM recognizes the EAR archive as an SDA, but does not rename the archive extension as <archive_name>.sda.

An SDA is the smallest unit that you can deploy. Furthermore, the SDA is the smallest unit for which patches can be created and delivered.

-

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2004/helpdata/en/22/a7663bb3808c1fe10000000a114084/content.htm

Thanks,

Rajit