cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while upgrading NW04s ABAP from sp7 to sp8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I installed NW04s in my system and its ABAP stack is upgraded to sp7. When i was upgrading its SAP_BASIS support package to sp8, i got the following error.

Error in phase: IMPORT_PROPER

Reason for error: TP_BUFFER_INCONSISTENCY

Return code: 0008

Error message: Pkgs. in queue don"t exist in the tp buffer (e.g. SAPKB70008)

This phase imports all Repository objects and table entries. It may terminate for the following reasons:

○ TP_INTERFACE_FAILURE: The tp interface could not be called.

○ TP_FAILURE: The tp program could not be executed. For more information, read the SLOG or ALOG log files.

○ TP_STEP_FAILURE: A tp step could not be performed successfully. You can find the source of error in the relevant log, for example, in the import log.

If a tp step 6, N or S is in the termination message, it is a step independent of the transport request. The corresponding logs are contained in the log overview under the node Import steps not specific to the transport request.

You can also find these logs in the following files in the log subdirectory of your transport directory (usually /usr/sap/trans/log):

tp step 6: P<YY><MM><DD>.<SID>

tp step N: N<YY><MM><DD>.<SID>

tp step S: DS<YY><MM><DD>.<SID>

To display these files, run report RSPUTPRT or call transaction AL11.

Can anyone help me to resolve this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This problem is solved. I removed the contens of <SID> file under trans\buffer folder and removed the corresponding records from PAT03 and PAT01 tables. Now it is working. Anyway thanks for your suggestions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the similar problem to yours with tp_buffer_consistency at the xpra_phase when I was runing SAINT on a SAP R/3 Service Tool (RTCTOOL) with SAPKITAR19.

Shall you confirm what you have solved your problem are:

1) You have removed registers from the file /usr/sap/trans/buffer/SID which contains the troubled register, an example SAPKNNNNNN. First make a backup of that file before removing registers.

2) You have removed registers from the two tables: PAT01 (PATCH=SAPKNNNNNN), and PAT03 (PATCH=SAPKNNNNNN)

3) Invoke the trx SAINT

4) Installation package-->load package --> from application server

5) Select the uploaded SP and click the button Continue.

6) Anything else.

Appreciate in hearing from your input.

Rodolfo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Once you removed the records from PAT01 and PAT03 tables, the uploaded support package will be completely removed from imported or aborted support packages list under SPAM. So now from the New support packages option, you have to selecte the same package again and import it.

Hope this will help you.

Regards

Ramachandran

Former Member
0 Kudos

And you need to restart the spam before importing the package again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ramachandran:

Good to hear from your comments and I will try it.

Rodolfo

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried that also. I removed .ATT and .PAT files in trans\EDS\in folder, removed related files of the package from both trans\cofiles and trans\data folders. But getting the same error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes. I tried ignore generation errors option. it didnt help me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try unpacking the patch again, and run.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Barry,

Thanks again. And i am not able to reset queue since it already reached the import phase. I could see a file named as my SID under trans\buffer folder. You meant to say that I have to rename that file and then try to import the package?

regards

Ramachandran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you tried using the Ignore Generation Errors options in the Extras menu?

You maybe able to force it through.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try to reset queue and consider renaming /usr/sap/trans/buffer/SID