Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps After Installing JDI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Step2 in the SAP NW JDI Installation Guide V1.39:

to set up Roles and Goups:

1) i didn'nt found on WAS 6.40 the UME Actions CMS.Administrate CMS.Display and CMS.Export ??

2) to create UME Groups i got the message:

"Could not create group because adapter is configured as read-only"

any idea ??

Thanks and best regards

HG

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

terri_holland
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I forgot to mention that I also had to install at least SP10.

terri_holland
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I had the same problem. I assume you're using an ABAP system with J2EE add-in. I submitted the question to SAP support and here is there reply:

For an add-in installation the group creation works a little bit different compared to the standalone installation type. -Since the UME Roles and the ABAP Roles are different objects, I will refer in the following to the "full name". Users, Groups and Roles in the referenced JDI_Inst_120.pdf refer to UME Users, Groups, Roles. UME Users are the same as ABAP Users. UME Groups are mapped to ABAP Roles. There is no correspondence to UME roles in the ABAP system. In an add-in installation UME groups can only be created in the ABAP stack as ABAP roles using transaction pfcg. Also, the (UME) User - UME Group assignment needs to be maintained with the ABAP interface (transaction su01 or pfcg as User - ABAP Role assignment). UME Roles must be created in the /useradmin Application, Java permissions needs to be assigned with the Visual Administrator of the J2EE.

This solved my problem. Hopefully it helps you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your response. I will keep you posted if I find a solution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hafedh,

Did you resolve the issue ? I am still looking for the answer. Please help me.

Thanks

Mary

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry i didn't found any help.

may be it solves with new SP ??

Hafedh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I got the same error. If you have resolved let me know.

Thanks