cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lookup field in import manager does not work

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm a new bee to MDM, so this probably a simple problem, but I haven't yet been able to figured out myself.

I have a main table Products which have 2 fields ProductNumber and ProductText.

ProductText is a lookup field (Flat) that referes to a ProductTexts table that has the fields ProductNumber and ProductText.

When I add entries to the Product table in the datamanger, I can select a product text for the the ProductText field in the Product table from a drop down box.

However, when I use the import manager to import product numbers to the ProductNumber field of the Product table, I would expect the ProductText field of the Product table to be automatically populated with the corresponding product texts from the ProductText table.

This does not happen. Could someone tell me why ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Unfortunately MDM does not work the way you are xpecting. It treats both fields as independent.

If you are using Excel or a Database as source data, An alternative for this could be to use "Product Numbers" data and "Product Texts" data and utilize the "Join" functionality in MDM. However, even in this case, you need to manually map "Product Text" field in "Products" table, but it will pick up the right value based on the Product number.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Rajani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rajani,

That clarified my doubt.

br

Henrik