cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Runtime Error: How to Reprocess File-XI-IDoc scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm working a file adapter to XI to IDoc scenario. My XI message has about 2,000 records in it and one of those records contains an error (due to an invalid character in a description). My question is in a production environment would it be somehow possible for me to reprocess this erred message and post the remaining 1,999 records that do not have an invalid character? What are my options to progress?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I guess, Resending of message is possible with all 2000 records, but not with 1999 records.

You can do

1.In message mapping you can put a special condition for that character (if condition) and send some value to target field

2.Replace that value or delete that record from the database.

Regards,

Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sai,

Thanks for your response. I'm curious what you mean by "replace the value or delete record from the database".

Do you mean:

1) going back to the source system and fixing the record and resending? or,

2) is there some way to remove the erred record from my message/queue or something like that and reprocessing the message?

Thanks!

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Shaun,

You can do it in before patches as well.

What you have to do is download the xml into your desktop and remove the error records manually and use this blog /people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/02/28/simulating-xi-messages-proto for re-sending the message again.

You have to upload the correct xml into the report given in the blog.

Moreover,I suggest this solution only if you do not want to modify your interfaces duw to some interfaces.Other use java/xslt/abap mapping to map only those records that are not having errors and rest raise an exception file with errored out records as an e-mail or alerts.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you give more detail. The number of records processed and restart mechanism depends on the actual interface design,.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Bhavesh,

Not sure what additional details you need but I'll give it a go. I've got an input file that contains lets say 100,000 rows of data and each row is a separate record. I use sender file adapter using file content conversion with fixed length definition. I send that through a simple mapping program that will generate 100,000 IDocs. I'll get 50 XI messages each containing 2,000 records (recordsets per message)

Because of an invalid character in the source file (an "escape" character) in SXMB_MONI I get a red flag. The error message is essentially "com.sap.engine.lib.xml.parser.ParserException: Invalid char #0x1b".

Since the XI message errors none of the IDocs for the 2,000 records in that message gets created even though 1,999 of them are OK.

So my question is basically is there a way for me to restart this message via SXMB_MONI (or another way) so the other 1,999 records will process OK leaving me with the error to deal with later?

Thanks again!

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Shaun,

Got the question now

><i>So my question is basically is there a way for me to restart this message via SXMB_MONI (or another way) so the other 1,999 records will process OK leaving me with the error to deal with later?</i>

Unfortunately when you restart your message the error record will continue to exists due to the invalid character and so the same error is bound to occur.

From SP19 which was recently release, there is an option to edit the payload and so you can correct the invalid character and restart the message and all records will be processed. But, pre sp19, until the source resend the message with the corrected data, the error will be persisted and so restart will not help.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhavesh,

Thanks for the information. We're currently on SP15 but are looking to move up to SP19 soon so I'll look for that additional piece of functionality then.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Shaun,

take a look at this link for the release notes of SP19. Interesting optins are available,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/cf/9844428e9cbe30e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Regards,

Bhavesh