cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java DC Build Failed

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was having problem when building a Java DC for JavaBeans (to be exported to Web Dynpro DC). Therefore, there is only one Java class which has the getter and setter there.

I <b>do not have a DTR installed</b>, so the DC was created under Local DCs -> Local Development -> MyComponents.

The build log error is as below:

Dec 1, 2006 10:51:46 AM /userOut/Development Component (com.sap.ide.eclipse.component.provider.listener.DevConfListener) [Thread[ModalContext,5,main]] ERROR: jbmodel: Build failed for sap.com/jbmodel(MyComponents) in variant "default": Used component not found: sap.com/tc/bi/bp/javaLib

-

Build log -

Dec 1, 2006 10:51:46 AM /userOut/Development Component (com.sap.ide.eclipse.component.provider.listener.DevConfListener) [Thread[ModalContext,5,main]] ERROR: jbmodel: Build failed for sap.com/jbmodel(MyComponents) in variant "default": Check for used DCs failed: Used component not found: sap.com/tc/bi/bp/javaLib. DC not found in DC syncdb

-

Build log -

Development Component Build (2006-12-01 10:51:46)

Component name: jbmodel

Component vendor: sap.com

SC compartment: MyComponents

Configuration: LocalDevelopment

Source code location: julius.hock@julius

DC root folder: C:\Documents and Settings\julius.hock\.dtc\LocalDevelopment\DCs\sap.com\jbmodel\_comp\

DC type: Java

Host: julius

DC Model check:

[dcmake] All used DCs are available locally

[dcmake] ERROR: Check for used DCs failed: Used component not found: sap.com/tc/bi/bp/javaLib. DC not found in DC syncdb

[dcmake] Build failed with errors.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julius

go to eclipse plugins folder and into 'com.sap.tc.ap/comp/SAP_BUILDT/DCs/sap.com/tc/bi/bp' and check if u have folder 'javaLib' with build plugin.

then go to 'com.sap.tc.ap/SCs/sap.com/SAP_BUILDT/_comp/TopLevelDCs

and check if you have 'sap.com tc bi bp javaLib.dcref' file here - if not create it

restart eclipse.

open DTR perspective - under LocalDevelopment branch you should be able to see 'MyComponents', 'SAP_BUILD' etc. Expand SAP_BUILD - here should be tc/bi/bp/javaLib.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Denis,

go to eclipse plugins folder and into 'com.sap.tc.ap/comp/SAP_BUILDT/DCs/sap.com/tc/bi/bp' and check if u have folder 'javaLib' with build plugin.

<b>Ans: Yes, javaLib is there. Do you meant i need to add javalibplugin.jar to the Java Build Path?</b>

then go to 'com.sap.tc.ap/SCs/sap.com/SAP_BUILDT/_comp/TopLevelDCs

and check if you have 'sap.com tc bi bp javaLib.dcref' file here - if not create it

<b>Ans: It's alrdy there.</b>

In my local development, SAP_BUILDT, SAP_JTECHS, SAP-JEE are without any child.

How shld i proceed?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try reinstalling NWDS. In Local Development you should always see all DCs from the SAP_BUILDT, SAP_JTECHS and SAP-JEE SCs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alternatively you can try if this helps:

- Close NWDS.

- Delete the '.dtc' folder in your Windows Profile directory.

- Restart NWDS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, you dont need to add javalibplugin.jar to the Java Build Path.

<i>

In my local development, SAP_BUILDT, SAP_JTECHS, SAP-JEE are without any child</i>

this is the reason why your eclipse cannot compile DC.

and you can control visibility of any child by creating files in TopLevelDCs folder.

So your case is quite strange for me. Try to press refresh button in DTR perspecrive.

or try to analise file <i>.confdef</i> from folder <i>LocalDevelopment</i> - find section <sc-compartment name="MyComponents" ...>

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Pascal,

I tried to reinstalled the NWDS, problem still remain same.

Then, i tried to delete .dtc folder. When i was trying to create a new Java DC, i was prompted to import configuration file.

Which local configuration shld i choose? As i'm not connected to SLC, but instead work locally.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Something's very wrong with your NWDS installation. You should not be getting this prompt to import a configuration file if you're creating a DC under Local Development.

Uninstall NWDS and make sure all NWDS related files and folders are removed from the filesystem. Do not forget to delete the following folders:

- <profile dir>\.dtc

- <profile dir>\.dtr

- <profile dir>\Documents\SAP

- Your NWDS workspace folder

Now reinstall NWDS.

Answers (0)