Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple S* users show same contributions

claudio_ciardelli2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have 2 S* accesses. more recent, created by my current employer and one older created by my previous employer.

All my SDN contributions come from the most recent S* user.

When I log in SDN with the old user and go to my Business Card I see different contact data, but when I go to the contributions tab I always get to all the contributions I have made with mt most recent S*.

Some one can explain why this happens?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

David
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Claudio,

The Business card uses a form of indexing logic based on your name. It doesn't track your actual account number. I would recommend that you have us delete the S userid that you are not using from our site to prevent the accidental awarding of points to the incorrect number. Write to me at the email address sdn@sap.com and indicate which account you want to keep and which account we can delete.

Kind Regards,

David Branan

claudio_ciardelli2
Participant
0 Kudos

Is it possible for me to keep the ownership of my user is S* that has been creted by my current employer once I leave the company. What is the procedure for that?

David
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Claudio,

The deletion does not happen automatically. The employer requests this to be done. If you suspect that your current employer will do this, you should ask them and see if they will allow you to keep it.

Best Regards,

David Branan

SAP Network

claudio_ciardelli2
Participant
0 Kudos

Do you mean that unless he explicitly deltes my user, I will still be able to use it once I have stopped working for him?

Nevertheless, is ther a way to associate such a user with another employer.

I see in 'My Profile' / 'My Personal Data' in SAP Support Portal that my User ID is associated with a 'Customer'. Does that mean that one of my super administratorsmust change the 'customer' assignment?

If I become free lance, what should that become?

David
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Claudio,

I believe that is the case. I have seen instances where S userids have persisted long after a person on a consulting assignment has moved on to other projects. I know this because in cases where people have multiple userids pointing at the same email address, they will write to me at the help address sdn@sap.com and I tell them the userids that I find. They then write back saying they are surprised that some still exist as they belong to old accounts they no longer have contact with.

Unfortunately, there is no way to switch the association of an S userid. These are actually created via the OSS/SAP Service Marketplace usermanagement system and are connected to SAP's licensing systems. Every S userid is connected to an R/3 or other SAP product license number. This is done also for support and when the downloading of further SAP products is required. The license agreement is checked before the download is permitted. For this reason, an S userid can belong only to one organisation.

Some independent consultants are able to obtain their own S userids that they can maintain forever; independent of assignments. Also, consultants that work for an SAP Partner organization such as Accenture, Bering Point, Siemens, and others are able to obtain these numbers based on their company's partner agreements with SAP. If you are a member of one of these organizations, you should be able to find out this information from your company's main SAP contact or site adminstrator.

As a freelancer, you can either become an SAP Partner by incorporating yourself and then applying for corporate partner status, or you can seek an avenue via the SAP consulting certification program which is offered through the SAP Educational services group. The latter option gives you an S userid upon completion of the program. Many independent consultants in India take advantage of this program. It is most likely offered in other areas of the world as well.

Best Regards,

David

claudio_ciardelli2
Participant
0 Kudos

David,

Thank you very much for your clear explanations. I believe as you say, that my old user ids will remain forever in the companies I left. That is unless SAP deletes the 'company' or license number my users are associated to.

All my questions point to one thing after all. Should I try to keep earn contribution points on a S* user that is linked to my previous employer as I am doing now or should I wait for the moment I incorporate as a free lancer.

As I believe you mentionned earlier on or in another post that contributions cannot be transferred between the multiple S* users, I might wait some time before involving myself more actively in SDN as a contributor.

Ciao,

Claudio

claudio_ciardelli2
Participant
0 Kudos

David,

Thank you very much for your clear explanations. I believe as you say, that my old user ids will remain forever in the companies I left. That is unless SAP deletes the 'company' or license number my users are associated to.

All my questions point to one thing after all. Should I try to keep earn contribution points on a S* user that is linked to my previous employer as I am doing now or should I wait for the moment I incorporate as a free lancer.

As I believe you mentionned earlier on or in another post that contributions cannot be transferred between the multiple S* users, I might wait some time before involving myself more actively in SDN as a contributor.

Ciao,

Claudio

David
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Claudio,

Don't let that stop you from contributing. We can do the transfer - we do several of these per week. It is just that it involves direct behind the scenes database updates at this time so it takes a day or two to complete. Next year, I hope to have a better set of user management tools that will allow me to do this via a friendly interface.

Best Regards,

David

claudio_ciardelli2
Participant
0 Kudos

OK, I'll get back to you in some months when I know that I have a stable S* user on the long term. Maybe you will be able to do the points transfer at that time.

In all cases, I want to say that I find the whole SDN experience very enriching and that I could not have managed on my two feet onmy first steps in the SAP BW world without it!

thanks again,

Claudio

Answers (0)