cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Service cannot be published

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm pretty new to SAP but have set up the Netweaver Full ABAP Edition-Trial on Windows XP SP2. I am trying to create a web service for testing purposes.

I got past the SAP GUI crashing when I try to create a web service using the information in this post:

/thread/266221 [original link is broken]

Now, I after I click Local (for the package), SAP seems to think and do a few things and then the dialog goes away and I get this red message at the bottom of the GUI that says Web Service cannot be created.

I can't find any further details.

Can anyone help me resolve this?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Hi Luther, I was in the same situation with the SP8 version of NSP. When the fix came out this morning, I immediately updated. I was able to create with web service with no problems.

Was there any extended text for the message that was issued?

Regards,

Rich Heilman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rich, thank you for helping.

I am not sure if there is any extended information - if there is, I haven't figured out how to get at it yet. Certinaly clicking on the error does nothing more than turning it red again and animating the expansion and shrinking of the error icon. There is no additional text when the error scrolls away to the left either.

It turns out that I only get this failure message when I check the "Release Service for Runtime" checkbox in the create web service wizard.

Now I have tried something else -- I went into WSCONFIG and found all of the web services I had tried to create. I tried creating one as a released web service (I think this is what I was doing anyway; I entered the same name into the Service Definition and Variant boxes and then hit Create), and I got another error message: "Client 000 has status not modifiable".

I assume this is what was causing the error before.

Any idea what this means and how to correct it? I am logging in as BSUSER, which has profile SAP_ALL.

Thanks

-Luther

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

BSUSER? You meant BCUSER?

REgards,

Rich Heilman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, BCUSER. I did a forum serach and it appears that maybe I need to use another "client" instead of 000. I found steps to copy the client, and tried to create 111, but I could not log into it - apparently when you create one the SAP* user does not have the password PASS.

In any case, I seem to be at a loss at this point - do you have any ideas on how I can either create the web service in 000 or create another "client" that I can log into?

Thanks!

-Luther

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found out that I can just use SCC4 to edit the Client 000 record and change it from "No Changes Allowed" to something else ("Automatic recording of changes", and now I can expose web services.

Answers (0)