cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what is the diff between Message type and Idoc Type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

Can anyone plz take time and let me know what is the difference between IDOC type and Message type?

One more quest is as in my earlier posts i have asked what is the need for 2 to 3 scenarios in the same project so Xigurus has responded by saying it depends up on the scenario. but i wanted to know if the data they are dealing with in the multiple scenarios of the same project has to b same or it can b different? please atleast this time dont say it depends up on the scenario.

thank u in advance

xilearner

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can we say IDoc's of two types..one is SAP delivered and other is the one we create (ZIDOC)...........

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi xilearner,

We use integration scenarios to organize our project, we divide big projects to several small scenarios according to their business meaning. Integration scenarios are also used to ease the configurations in integration directory. Different scenarios could use same data or use different data. There is no any restrictions on this issue.

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,.

This thread discussion may help u-

Regards,

moorthy

former_member431549
Contributor
0 Kudos

An IDoc type (such as ORDERS05) is a version of the structure, but without any specific fields populated or application purpose.

A message type is an implementation using an IDoc type. The ORDERS, ORDRSP, and ORDCHG message types all are based on the ORDERS05 IDoc type. In other words, the layout of the possible segments and fields are the same in all of these, but the segments actually used and the values populated will be different and the purpose totally different.

Hope this helps a little.

(I am assuming you meant message type as in the context of an IDoc, not in conext of XI.)

Former Member
0 Kudos