cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WD and it's Portal Integration-How to make with 1 app 2 separate instances?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!:

I develop an app which get a parameter from the request to get some data (KM path). As I want to reuse the app I integrate the app twice at portal, so I have 2 portal objects A and B.

I open the Property Editor of object A and set "Application Parameters" to "&path=/folder/folder/fileJ.extension", then I do the same for object B but I set "Application Parameters" to "&path=/otherFolder/otherFolder/fileK.extension". When I execute BOTH apps at THE SAME TIME The app running is exactly the same, I don't have two full separate instances of the app....they SHARE THE CONTEXT.

The processing file and data depends on the requests' order (sending to the portal and at the end to the WAS....).

Any idea?

Thanks a lot for the time on this thread.

RLS.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182294
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rocio,

You need to set the Web Dynpro application propery sap.suspendable.application= true, so that your application state will not lost even you are using same application in two iViews.

Regards

Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhilash gampa , Thanks for answering.

I look at "Application properties" and <b>sap.suspendable.application</b> don't appear as a predefine property. I'm working with WAS 2004 and NWDS 2.0.16, I guess you're working with 2004s and NWDS 7.0.x ....

Do you know how can I incorporate it?

I guess that something at NW2004 must solve this problem....

Thanks a lot for your time!!.

RLS

former_member182294
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rocio,

Yes, your correct. I forgot to mention that. In NW04, you can try an alternate by creating two applications for the same Web Dynpro component.

Regards

Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhilash:

Thanks for keeping in contact.

I tried with that but the result is exactly the same....The app keep sharing the context...The steps to create the app: context menu on Applications (at the project structure) and "Create Application"

The only test that obviously works, is making a twin project but with other name ....which I believe that's absolutely absurd as don't exists the concept of "reuse project" that's way I'm trying to seek a solution, to make it works as It's a completely generic project that receives it's customs by parameter. I begin to wonder if there's something of WD's concepts that I'm getting wrong....

Any idea?

Thanks again for your time.

Rocío.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oops i got it wrong. how about checking the parameter being passed to application in wdDoInit and taking appropriate course.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Duplicating a project is very easy.

Create a new Webdynpro DC or project in NWDS, Go to webdynpro perspectives Navigator View, Expand the old project node > src > packages > com right click on com, copy the whole folder and paste it on the same path in the new DC (in Navigator view), similarly copy everything from the old project node > model folder > src > packages > com and paste at the same node in new DC. Now go webdynpro explorer view right click on the DC and select the option Reload and Rebuild.

You are done. Deploy and run the application.

Thanks & Peace

Firasath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Firasath Riyaz :

Thanks for the answer but I know how to duplicate a project, what I said is that duplicate the project is not the solution I'm looking for. I want to mantain just one generic project not 'N', I don't want to create 'N' project just because I need 'N' new instance at portal, I just want one app with N instance no share context with each other.

For more details please read all the thread.

Thanks for your time.

RLS.