cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling a new Browser Window from Web Dynpro Application - Empty Context

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I want to open a view in a new browser window, and followed the same way which is described in this thread:

My first try was creating two applications, which refer to the same Component Controller. The opening of a new browser window is triggered by an action, which is called in the other application. As both applications have the same Component Controller, I thought, the context content has to be the same, but actually the context attributes are empty after opening of the new window.

In my second try I created two applications with two different Component Controllers, mapped via embedded Interface Controller. The effect is the same - I have no context content in the view.

Please, can anybody help me?

Thank you in advance.

Ilona Seifert

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

lajitha_menon
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ilona,

Try this as your third try,

Dont use different applications, just open a new window in the same component (help is available in this <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/75/064640c0e56913e10000000a1550b0/content.htm">link</a>)that way, your contexts can be mapped and data can be passed easily.

Regards,

LM

former_member185029
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can use <b>IWDWindow</b> for creating new window instance.

Ashutosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

thank you very much for your answers!

@Roberto I´ve tried the different getApplicationUrl() methods, and getting the url is not the problem, the window opens, but the context content is gone.

@LM This doesn´t create a new browser window, only a new web dynpro window, so it isn´t applicable for me.

@Ashutosh Yes, I am using IWDWindow.

Please, do you have any more suggestions?

Kind Regards

Ilona Seifert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did u had any chance of reading this material

<a href="https://www.sdn.sap.comhttp://www.sdn.sap.comhttp://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/downloaditem?rid=/library/uuid/f3b0ad90-0201-0010-4995-9bdb1849eb34">inter application Navigation</a> using URL Parameters.

- Nagarajan.

roberto_tagliento
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

but the context content is gone.

But other application works???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roberto,

sure, the main application works perfectly. But I want to open one view in a new browser window, but it´s context attributes are not displayed.

Regards

Ilona

roberto_tagliento
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

oooooooo

One <b>view</b> in a new Browser window, i guess you cannot!

You can open into a new browser window another application, with the same components.

Create into your project 2 application with distinct window, with same componets.

The other application launch other window with only your <b>wished view</b>.

And combine open window with my code above.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, now I am confused.

I have two applications, both have the same component.

No1: my main application with different windows and views. Refers to the main interface view.

No2: the new generated application, referring the Interface view of another window, which contains the view I want to display in a second browser window. The second application has the same component as the first.

When trying to open the first application a second time in the new browser window, my code works perfectly. But when changing the application name to the second, the context is gone.

EDIT -> Perhaps it is also important, that the context of new view is not mapped to the component controller context, but is filled programmatically.

I hope I could make clear what I mean.

Ilona

Message was edited by:

Ilona Seifert

roberto_tagliento
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When trying to open the first application a second time in the new browser window, my code works perfectly. But when changing the application name to the second, the context is gone.

EDIT -> Perhaps it is also important, that the context of new view is not mapped to the component controller context, but is filled programmatically.

The view context must be mapped from CC.

So the first application does not launch the second? Just you edit yourself the link?

Could be this the reason.

Really i never done somthing like your wishes.

I done something similar.

When from first application i launch in the new browser window the other, i pass to URL also the necessary DATA in input for second application without use MAP context.

roberto_tagliento
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I done something like this:

[code]

try {

strURL =

WDURLGenerator.getApplicationURL(

"$<b>PROJECT_PATH</b>$/$<b>PROJECT_NAME</b>$",

"$<b>APPLIC_NAME</b>$");

} catch (WDURLException e) {

// TODO Auto-generated catch block

e.printStackTrace();

}

strURL += "?par1=";

strURL += var1;

strURL += "&par2=";

strURL += var2;

strURL += "&par3=";

strURL += var3;

[/code]

and after i retrieve them:

[code]

Var1Value= WDWebContextAdapter.getWebContextAdapter().getRequestParameter("var1");

[/code]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roberto,

thanks for your effort, but I have to display a pdf (generated by Interactive Form), which is filled with a lot of attributes from the context. I cannot pass all of them via url parameters, especially, as there are lists included.

Kind Regards

Ilona

roberto_tagliento
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

And why need a second application, do all from first.

Create the PDF, save it into system, generate it´s URL and open a new browser window with only PDF URL link.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Better to create the another application for generating the pdf in new window.

That would be the easy your work.

I have also done the same thing displaying number of invoices and click any one that displays pdf in new window.

Any thing do u need more post your issues.

Thanks,

Lohi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I generate the pdf by pressing a button and firing a plug to a new view.

How can the pdf be generated and stored on the system, without calling and displaying the new view?

Ilona

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Lohi,

so you created the pdf in a different application, as displaying the invoice numbers?

You didn´t have the problem of missing context content for filling the pdf attributes?

Ilona

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No I didn't.

Getting the model that means import the model into WD.

We are using two applicatiosn for and two component we developped one component for Displaying the invoice list as a table and when click the record that will be generated as PDF in new window for this PDF I have developped one more component.

Thanks,

Lohi.

Message was edited by:

Lohitha M

roberto_tagliento
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

[code]

try {

// /

strURL =

WDURLGenerator.getApplicationURL(