cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generation of custom syncbo java classes does not work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

we created some new syncbo's for MAM 3.0 in the middleware and download it's correspond meRepMeta.xml.

Now i will generate in the NetWeaver Developer Studio the manager and syncbo classes for our new custom syncbo's. I had create a new SmartSync-Project and deliver the meRepMeta.xml file, edit the package and some other things and start the project creation process. But after this, i have only an simple MI project with web.xml, meRepMeta.xml and so on, but no generated, custom syncbo's. In the documentation i couldn't find a detailed description for the generation of syncbo java classes.

Can anybody help me, what i do wrong.

Tanks a lot.

Greetings

Andreas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It seems that no QueryBuilder classes will be generate by the bo generator.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello andreas,

can you look at the .log file under your <workspace>/.metadata directory?

you might be able to find some hints of what went wrong.

btw, are your MDK configured properly? does it point to a valid MI installation?

regards

jo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if I create a new SmartSync project (NewMIProject) with the MDK PlugIn 2.5.14 and if I use a valid meRepMeta.xml I get no errors during the creation, not in the NetWeaver Studio nor in the log file. The log file just contains of these two entries after the creation:

!ENTRY com.sap.ide.metamodel.core 1 1 Dec 05, 2006 10:11:30.516

!MESSAGE Updating metamodel archives from classpath for project NewMIProject

In the NetWeaver I find a new project with following generated java files:

com.my.copany.mam.bo

Constants.java

MyApplication.java

com.my.copany.mam.bo.bean

TableViewBean.java

com.my.copany.mam.dataaccess

SmartSyncDBAccess.java

TableContentProvider.java

So I don't get any SyncBO specific java code...I would expect to get also some manager and some syncbo access classes...At least in the meRepMeta.xml are round abount 10 sync bos defined.

By the way I: If I create a new project and do not configure a meRepMeta.xml for the new project...the same java classes are generated. So I think that there is something wrong with the meRepMeta.xml....and I I think about it...I think there was a SAP Note with something about the meRepMeta stuff....I will investigate in this direction....

Greetings,

Kai (colleague of Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

You can find the smart sync APIs in documentation(NetWeaver Developer Studio)

itself.

Go to HELP->HELP CONTENTS>SAP MOBILE DEVELOPMENT KIT>REFERENCES>API REFERENCE->MOBILE DEVELOPMENT KIT>com.sap.ip.me.api.smartsync

Here you can find all related Java clasess.

Any ways for our syncbos we need to add JSPs

Chhers,

Karthick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Karthick,

thanks a lot for your help, but this itsn't my problem. I don't search for the documentation of the API. My problem is, that the SAP Developerstudio don't generate custom defined syncbo manager- and bo-classes. The standard classes you don't have to generate.

Greetings

Andreas

kishorg
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

I think, you are following an application, which is developed using the SP 09 or lower version of the NWD Studio and right now trying to develop an application in the higher version of the NWD Studio(Version higher than SP 11).

Applications in SP 09(or lower) are not generic applications.Because here during applicattion development , the Studio itself is generating proxy classes to Header and Item instances. These proxy classes contain getter and setter methods correspoding to each field in Structure.

Just refer these links..

/people/kishor.gopinathan/blog/2006/03/17/how-can-we-apply-mi-application-patches

Regards

Kishor Gopinathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishor,

so if I understand you right the MDK until SP 09 was generating the proxy classes (manager and access classes with the getter and setter method) and since SP 09 the proxy classes are not generated anymore and I have to write the acces classes, mentioned in the MDK, manually for every new SyncBO I want to use?

And if this is the case, do you know why the generation for the proxy classes is not available anymore?

Greetings Kai

kishorg
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Kai,

Just note these points..

1)Smart Sync MI Applications (JSP Runtime) generated using SP 09v of Developer Studio is MCD specific.It is generating MCD specific files.This architecture makes the applications too complex during migration.

2)In SP 09v applications, the developers don't have to code in Smart Sync API level as most of the codes are generated by default.

3)Applications in SP 09v of Developer Studio is following the exact MVC Architecture(We can see the seperation of models, views and controllers here).

4)Corresponding to the mapped fields (in SyncBo level), in the BO Wrapper classes we can see implementations of corresponding getter() and setter(..) methods.The names of this methods are totally dependent upon the names of fields mapped.So if there is change in the names of fields , in the case of already generated projects , we have to explicitly rename the getter() and setter(..) methods appropriately inorder to make the changes to take effect.

5)For adding new JSP pages, we have to add references in many files(*.view). (we have to explicitly create the corresponding controller class file , map the relationship between the controller and the corresponding JSP file).

refer this blog also..

/people/kishor.gopinathan/blog/2006/05/29/smart-sync-application-development-using-sp-09v-of-developer-studio

<<

have to write the acces classes, mentioned in the MDK, manually for every new SyncBO I want to use?

>>

For that , we can write a generic method in such a way that , we only have to pass the syncbo name as the parameter for that method, so that it would retrieve the records corresponding to the syncbo given.

Since the getter nd setter method names are closely related to the names of the mapped fields, this would create problems when we change the names of fields used in the table parameter or import parameter of the BAPI Wrapper used for syncbo creation.

So using SP 11 , we can create generic applications, which can be migrated using the higher versions of NWD Studio. I think , SAP might not change this infrastructure anymore..

Regards,

Kishor Gopinathan