cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem Solving.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

The method that I use for problem solving is as follows.

1: Adapter Monitoring - To ensure that messages are getting transported into the pipeline to start with.

2: SXMB_MONI - Drill into the message itself to See where error occurred

3: Once Determined where error Occurred I go into the relevant XI Object and Problem solve within there...

Now this sounds good right? I first narrow down the problem and then problem solve from there...

So my question to you guys is first is this a good 3 steps to take.... Would do anything differently....

Secondly is to do with step 2: This is quite a long and laborious task for me... it takes a long time to find the errors and then decypher where it has occurred. So do you guys have any tips with regards to How to analyse within SXMB_MONI.... What do you look for first and it which sections of the message I should be looking?

Basically Im just looking for a logical step by step guide that I can apply to most scenarios.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>>How to analyse within SXMB_MONI.... What do you look for first and it which sections of the message I should be looking?

most often you will know when you click on the error button

(mapping exception, no receiver, etc) these are quite descriptive

if you have application errors (abap proxies or properly set IDOCs)

you can check the application ack to see the error

this really is not that difficult

the most difficult are errrors with BPMs, correlations

etc

standard procedure for that:

https://websmp105.sap-ag.de/~sapdownload/011000358700003141152005E/HowToMonitorccBPM.pdf

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply but to be honest that is talking about monitoring setups etc.... I am talking about problem solving, and error analysis....

Former Member
0 Kudos

if monitoring:

runtime workbench (standard messages)

sxi_monitor (bpm + download of mapping)

idx5 (idocs)

smq1 (asynchronous communication)

smq2 (asynchronous communication)

sm58 ( RFC communication)

you have to use them all

Regards,

Wojciech

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

but remember: RWB ist not for IDOCs! These can only be monitored in SXMB_MONI!

regards

Dirk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use only message monitor in runtime workbench where you can monitor integration and adapter engine.

Check this document:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/0b4580be-0601-0010-d3ad-bd6...

Regards,

Wojciech