Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the business case for using adobe forms for handling print forms

morten_nielsen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

We are just starting our SAP project and are looking at the possibility to use Adobe forms for generating and printing our forms, like purchase orders, invoices etc.

My Question is:

1. Is this possible / adviseable ?

2. if so - what's the business case in using Adobe forms - <i> We have been looking on the SAP Pricing for adobe interactive form, and in our point of view it's grotesque high</i>

3. What other options do we have - do we need to settle with SAP Script / Smartforms ?

Regards

Morten Nielsen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

venkata_ramisetti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Morten,

1. Is this possible / adviseable ?

As far I know SAP is going to stop support for SAPScript in coming years (I don't know exact dates). It is pretty much advisable to use Adobe Print Forms.

2. if so - what's the business case in using Adobe forms - We have been looking on the

SAP Pricing for adobe interactive form, and in our point of view it's grotesque high

We can use Adobe Print Forms where ever we can able to use SApscripts/PDF print Forms.

3. What other options do we have - do we need to settle with SAP Script / Smartforms ?

It is better to settle with Adobe forms rather than using SAPscript/Smart forms. One of the main reason for this is maintainance is much easier than SAPscript/Smart forms.

But remember that Java Stack need to be installed in order to use Adobe Forms.

Please visit the below SDN area on Adobe forms for more details.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/interactiveforms

Thanks

Ramakrishna

Message was edited by:

Ramakrishna Ramisetti

morten_nielsen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for your quick reply - I guess we'll have to pay then

Regards

Morten Nielsen

markus_meisl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Morten

for starters, there is no additional license for using SAP Interactive Forms for printing. As with Smart Forms and SAPscript, it is included in the SAP license. For more information, see Note 750784 or the FAQs on our page here in SDN.

In general, Smart Forms and SAPscript will continue to be supported. SAP will convert all forms shipped with our applications to the Adobe format, so the content will only be PDF-based in the future.

At the moment, there are some release restrictions in place. See Notes 894389 for NW 2004s and 863893 for NW04.

If oyu have functioning Smart Forms and SAPscript forms that you don't need to change a lot, stick with these established technologies. If you want to create new forms that aren't high-volume, or want to use SAP-shipped templates, evaluate Adobe and see if it meets your requirements.

Best regards,

Markus Meisl

SAP NetWeaver Product Management

Answers (0)