cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ports to Open for SDM Deployment thru NWDS in VPN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are trying to deploy WD components over VPN. In this scenario what all ports should be open.

Would opening the message server port suffice ? Or is it necessary to open the SDM port too ?

Will deployment happen through Message Server or directly through the SDM port.. ?

Regards

Bharathwaj

Message was edited by: Bharathwaj

Bharathwaj Ragothaman

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The SDM port is necessary , though the involvement of message server and SDM ports in this scenario is not clear.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If u r successfully connected through VPN then u can deploy ur WD components from ur NWDS itself. U should be just knowing the Host name and port to be given in ur SAPJ2EE Engine.

Also the SDM password to deploy ur application.

- Nagarajan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to know what ports need to be open for deployment through NWDS in a VPN setup.

We have opened the message server port . I would like to know if SDM port also needs to be open.

Hope I was clear this time..

Regards

Bharathwaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If u r connected to VPN, automatically u r into their network. So it is enough that ur application server is up and running.

In windows>preferences>SAP J2EE Engine. Give the host name and the port.

Just deploy ur application it will be asking for the password. Give the SDM password.

- Nagarajan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nagarajan,

It does nt necessarily mean we are in. N/w admins can block or open ports through fire walls.

Regards

Bharathwaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

U will be having a dedicated port for ur VPN connectivity and the NW admins will just open up this port to get connected in VPN.

Ur deployment has nothing to do with firewall ports.

Just to ensure...r u able to connect through VPN to the other network.

- Nagarajan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As a matter of fact in this secure VPN, http port , message server port are only open. The SDM port is BLOCKED.

My question is Does deployment through NDS happen via message server to SDM.

Or is it directly to SDM without Message server coming into the picture.

Regards

Bharathwaj