cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange submit behaviour in interactive forms?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a Web dynpro online interactive form scenario where users can enter some data and submit (Submit button in the form) this data via webdynpro to the MSSQL database.

Everything works just fine but there is a very strange behaviour in the way Webdynpro handles the submit action.

Within the webdynpro adobe form there is the toolbar available where the user can choose "Saves a copy of the file".

When you submit the data in the local form while a webdynpro version is still open it also works, the webdynpro handles the transaction further.

When you submit the data with no version from this application open in a browser it looks like the submit button does not work.

Now when you open a new version of this webdynpro application in a browser the form is submitting the data the times you pressed the submit button in the 'offline scenario'.

Is anyone familiour with this problem and know how to deal with it?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

markus_meisl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Setting up an online and offline scenario is different, especially in terms of submitting the data.

Look at the 3 different tutorials (1 online, 2 offline) available on the Web Dynpro sample page, and pay particular attention to the InteractiveForm UI element property 'mode', which should have different values in each (generatePDF vs updateDataInPDF). Also, you either need to upload the form through a Web site, or set up a mail server to get the PDF back via e-mail.

Best

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

I've done the tutorials from the sample page and I want to have the online scenario withe the updateDataInPdf, everything just works fine.

Only with testing I came up with this strange behaviour.

So when this is in production a user can also think: "Hey I can save this form and fill this in later". And then when he press the submit button nothing happens because he allready closes the browser.

But when he (or a other user) opens the webdynpro application later, the sumit actions from the user are still on the server and the webdynpro submits that data.

That shouldn't happen...

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've discovered that this is happening only in particular situations.

The user that presses the submit button in the downloaded form, for example 5 times must not close this form.

When he then opens a browser with the webdynpro application, the application submits 5 times.

When the user first closes the form before opening the browser nothing happened.

So the request(s) are not on the server on that particalar time but in the form.